Old Budd Wheels

Thanks for the ideas. Also, trying to figure out if I have the right configuration to set up duallys. I have Budd 71980's all around, and two 71320's. Anyone know if this is the right configuration?

I used to have a 1955 F-350 dually and also a 1965 F-350 dually both of the trucks used used the same 6 Lug 16 inch wheels on them do you have a picture of your wheels so can I'd them? That 6 Lug patern was used on the F-350's from 1953 to 1965). The four rear wheels would all be the same offsets to be able fit togeather the fronts are different more centered. Good luck :nod:

bubba22349":1u78u2ns said:
I used to have a 1955 F-350 dually and also a 1965 F-350 dually both of the trucks used used the same 6 Lug 16 inch wheels (down to the 1953 first year) on them do you have a picture of your wheels so can I'd them? The four rear wheels would all be the same offsets to fit togeather the fronts are different more centered. Good luck :nod:

Know anything bout the back spacing or lug pattern ( "6 on x inch") on that 16 inch (it's the smallest Bud) wheel. How bout width (8? 10 inch?).
Thanks, yet again, bubba.

Sorry been out of town for a while...

They are 17 1/2 inch wheels, the lug pattern is I believe 8.75 inches. 5.25 wide is what I've read.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I hear frm the locals "17s are the new 15s." (I'm over 60 y/o).

With 17s I don't care bout back spacing - in this application that hight gets away frm calipers, TR etc…
prob is - won't fit in the wheel well that easy.

I cont to search out info on 16 inch Buds (not 16.5).
Back spacing, pattern (6&8), width.

Since 16 is the smallest Bud - I wonder how sturdy a "fill & drill" to a 5 on 5 pattern would be?
On off rd vehicle - would it be unwise to mig up the lug holes, grind/dress up, and redrill to the correct pattern?

Thanks again ~

Back