Need FOM bellhousing for my 51 Ford 226 flat 6 engine

Arthur138

Already have a rebuilt 51 FOM,torque converter and flex plate,but I need a bellhousing to make it work.

Will a FOM bellhousing from a 215 or 223 OHV 6 bolt to my flat head 226 engine? If it will,does anyone have one for sale?

Also,I am ASSUMING the manual trans starter will work with the FOM torque converter from a V-8. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

Arthur138":p8dq74fv said:
Already have a rebuilt 51 FOM,torque converter and flex plate,but I need a bellhousing to make it work.

Will a FOM bellhousing from a 215 or 223 OHV 6 bolt to my flat head 226 engine? If it will,does anyone have one for sale?

Also,I am ASSUMING the manual trans starter will work with the FOM torque converter from a V-8. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

As far as I know there are almost no parts that will interchange between the 215's, 223's, 262's OHV engines and the older 226 & 254 Flathead engines including the FOM bell housings. Also in most cases I seen the Auto trans starters are a different offset then a manual trans starter, To verafy that you would need to measure from the starter mounting holes mating surface to the ring gear of the manual trans flywheel and then do the same with your flex plate mounted and see if they are the same measurement or not. Good luck in the hunt for a bell housing. :nod:

Back