226 h flywheel

Found one on fleabay

45 plus shipping

meanwhile, My unbalanced flywheel has been balanced and reinstalled.

It was 21 oz out

Turns out that ring gear that was welded on was a v8 ring gear after the flywheel was turned down on a lathe so it would fit.

Guess that means I will have an easier time finding a starter should I ever need one.

Be careful that you use a nine tooth drive gear with the 114 tooth 6 cylinder ring gear and the ten tooth drive gear with the 112 tooth v8 ring gear. If the ten tooth drive gear is used with the 114 tooth 6 cylinder it will over time drive the ring gear forward and off the front
of the flywheel. The v8 and 6 starters are exactly the same except that the bendix drive gears are 1 tooth count different.

Be careful that you use a nine tooth drive gear with the 114 tooth 6 cylinder ring gear and the ten tooth drive gear with the 112 tooth v8 ring gear. If the ten tooth drive gear is used with the 114 tooth 6 cylinder it will over time drive the ring gear forward and off the front
of the flywheel. The v8 and 6 starters are exactly the same except that the bendix drive gears are 1 tooth count different.

If you'll contact me, I think I may have one to sell you; I can photo it and e-mail it to you.

Make sure you provide the number of teeth on the ring gear required, plus any other details of importance.

(9 zero 1) 7 five 3 - 1 one 3 0

my ZIP, 38138; I prefer to ship Fed-Ex GROUND

JW

Problem solved

Red Hamilton lives nearby and was willing to balance my assembly. It was 21 ounces out. Someone had turned the flywheel down to accept a V8 ring gear. My starter is a 10 tooth so it's all good. BTW, I have an extra V8 flywheel if anybody has a need. I believe they are interchangeable with the six cylinder flywheel

Back