262 oil filter question

cat300I6

My son has a 262 in his F350 stake truck(yes its a 262) and we were wondering what oil filter to use. Napa had a time finding one and it will be here tuesday. I read that the adapter for the Y blocks may work which would let him use the FL1A spin on. Anybody tried this. He drives it daily to work and it need an oil change. Also the breather has a pcv plumbed into it and I`m wondering if there is a replacement available? Thanks in advance

cat300I6":h6nuiahz said:
My son has a 262 in his F350 stake truck(yes its a 262) and we were wondering what oil filter to use. Napa had a time finding one and it will be here tuesday. I read that the adapter for the Y blocks may work which would let him use the FL1A spin on. Anybody tried this. He drives it daily to work and it need an oil change. Also the breather has a pcv plumbed into it and I`m wondering if there is a replacement available? Thanks in advance

The filter cartridge used is Ford part number C1TZ-6731-D or you can use the Autolite FL-147 this is same filter that is used for the 223 six & the 292 V8 too. The spin on filter conversion was Ford part number B7A-6882-A and yes it's the same one that used for the 292 Y Block V8, these used Fords part number C1AZ-6731-M spin on filter. Yes you should be able to get that type breather replaced at your NAPA parts house again that part is also used on the 223 six too. Good luck :nod:

Armed with Bubba's information, I'll add just a bit more.

Other part numbers for replacement oil filters are: AC Delco PF-210, Wix 51004, and Fram CH6PL.

I have the spin-on adapter on my truck which makes an oil change much quicker and easier. The adapter can be purchased from Mac's or Dennis Carpenter, search on the B7A-6882-A part number. The spin-on filters are still readily available. FL1A Motorcraft equivalents are: AC Delco PF-2, Wix 51515, Baldwin B2, Hastings LF-115, Mobil 1 M1-301, NAPA 85515 (or any combination of that number with an "R" prefix or "MP" suffix), Champion Labs PH8A, or Fram PH8a.

Hope that helps.

Lou Manglass

Back