Gasket Source?

A

Anonymous

I may have asked this in the past, but I have long forgotten by now….

After weeks of trying to non-destructively remove the bolts between the exhaust manifold and muffler inlet pipe on my I6 233 engine I finally decided to cut the darn things off, so I was able to remove the manifold assembly and proceed with the removal of cylinder head. (I am hoping to locate the source of a mystery metallic sounding bang in one of my cylinders).

My questions are:
Does anyone know of a good source for ...
1) the manifold to engine block gasket (the one I removed has metallic facings),
2) the exhaust manifold to muffler inlet pipe gasket,
3) the intake manifold to engine block sleeves and
4) mating gaskets and the head gasket ( I assume there has to be a set of six of these since my service manuals do not specify how many and I only retrieved two off my engine!)?

This is the first time I have torn apart this engine and so I am in the dark for the correct parts. Any direction would be of a great help.

Thanks
Ivan
:unsure:: :shock:

Well, for small gaskets, I just make my own. Kragen/Autozone/whatever sells 12x12 multi packs and sometimes have gasket material on rolls. Works out well.

For stuff like your head, check eBay. There's always someone selling 223 gasket sets. I also found Kanter in NJ has a good selection for all motor needs.

I think Sacramento Vintage Ford has most of those gaskets. (916) 853-2244

If you don't mind going to different sources for different gaskets, you might try this. Get the fel-pro manifold set for the ford 215-223. It contains a one piece manifold to head gasket (eliminates the flat metal rings), the gasket that goes between the intake and exhaust manifold (may need to be modified), an exhaust pipe flange gasket, and a few others you probably won't need.
Your sleeves are reuseable if they are not damaged, however you can get by without them if you use the above gasket set.
Shop around for a head gasket, the 215 and 262 will fit the 223

Back