Knudsen 3 in 1 Intake Manifold

I recently acquired a Knudsen manifold for my Flathead 226 H Series. I have a question about the risers for the carbs. They are slanted pretty significantly. At first I thought it was to compensate for the rake of the engine, but they are slanted the wrong way.

Any information on this manifold would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Most intakes of this type with the carbs slanted backwards were for use in boats. You may also want to verify it will actually fit your engine and is not for some other type of specialty engine.

The carb mounting surfaces can be machined to be parallel with the long axis of the manifold or even angled slightly forward. The threads can be fixed angle wise by using a bent piece of 3/8 inch piece of NC ready rod of the correct length to mount the carbs. Or you could fashion three wedge shaped pieces to any angle you please and use the ready rod bent as needed for alignment. I have never seen any Knudsen manifolds made for other engines other than the Ford flat head six. Are these NOS manifolds with the original black crinkle finish paint? The paint can be refreshed by washing with gasoline and retouching chipped spots with still available crinkle finish paint. Some of these manifolds have six individual ports and some have two interior small parts and two wider siamese end ports.

Back