262 water pump

I have been looking for a replacement pump or core for the last eight years. I remember seeing your handle on the Slick 60s group.
I know this is a shot in the dark, being an old post, but do you have a line on one?

Hi and welcome to the Ford Six Forum 64shortbed, do you happen to have a water pump now? This company Arthur Gould Rebuilders has a Fuel Pump and Water Pump Rebuilding Service and also some exchange Pumps in stock. They have a fairly quick turn around on doing the rebuilds several our site members have used their services. Good luck in your 262 Water Pump hunt. http://arthurgouldrebuilders.parkerspackards.com/mobi/

Thank you for responding. The only pump I have is currently on the truck that a company in Oregon rebuilt for me about two years ago. It began leaking again recently and is getting worse. I plan to call Arthur Gould Monday and speak to them about rebuilding it again. I would like to find another pump to rebuild and keep as a spare.

Just bought one from
Classic Industries about 6 weeks ago as a backup. My 262 calls for the long snout and the one they offer is short snout. The old one i had on the truck was also a short length. the belt pully didn't match up to the powermaster alternator i put on so i needed to machine a spacer to set it out to run inline. wasn't that big of issue. I can take pics of the new one and attempt to post pictures if you wish. the part number was 8501k for the 223 and it shows in stock. To my knowledge it should work for the 262. sure does look the same. If I'm incorrect I'm sure someone will catch my mistake. There are so many helpful and knowledgeable folks here it surprises me . Good luck on the 262 and welcome! Slick60 you say, wouldn't happen to be from the Midwest would you? I'm just outside of Des Moines and would like to see another 262 running around.

Thank you for your reply. The 223 is pretty close in function. The shop manual shows its output slightly different and, as you mentioned, the shaft length is shorter. The shaft diMeter might even be a little smaller as well, but I can't remember. I can post a picture of the chart if you're interested.
For the price of the pump, it seems worth purchasing and making a spacer to align the pully and try it out. My pump is the short one, so it may be a good fit with my existing hoses. New pump is on its way.
I'm in CA. I would like to make it to a Slick-Stock some day. If I can get there, I'll give you a heads up.

Attachments

• 25332807-CFCB-401C-932C-CF5245FAFA5D.jpeg
    25332807-CFCB-401C-932C-CF5245FAFA5D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Back