New to me, need help with identification and parts

Hello, I have purchased a Toro Golf Course Tractor that has, what I believe to be, a Ford 6 cylinder engine. I'd like some help identifying the motor if possible. The numbers I got from the casting on the bottom of the engine are possibly 76 5 EBP-6U15. Not 100% sure that's what it says but maybe. It is running, but won't go in gear. I'd like to get the specs/id on the motor and to find out what I should do to the motor first (change oil, filter, etc.).

Hi it's not EBP-6U15, it should be EBP-6015 only a small difference. Yes this would be a 223 inline six, the 6015 is Ford's basic "Design Number" for a cylinder block. Beyond that I can only tell you it's a mid to late 1950's engine i.e. First built for Ford model cars, trucks, and industrial use in 1954 versions of these block numbers were used well into the later 1950's too. If you need to know the exact month, day, and year you will need to also find the blocks '"Date Code" consisting of 3 or 4 numbers and a letter. It looks like a small metal tag on the block casting with a screw head on each end. Other cast parts will have different Design Numbers to ID them but are also "Date Coded" semular. Good luck (y) :nod:

Back