Can't help showing off the new Offy 2x1 setup

Starting to collect parts for my newly acquired '58 Ford F100 shorty. Found this rather nice looking Offy setup with what looks like custom carb risers and the usual Holley glass bowl singles.

I still need to figure out how I want to replace the LOM dist and find or make some linkage, but I'm feeling good about this score.

I'm sure it's been talked to death, but if anyone has a lead on a Mallory dual point or linkage, or just general info on things to watch for with the swap, it would be greatly appreciated. It's my first 223, and I have a lot to learn. Also just don't know anybody that cares about old inlines, so I've got to show off the set up a little. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 93
Thanks! Cool lookin' truck, Lazy JW. I've got way more experience with the 300, and just love them. Looks like yours pulls it's fair share, huh? (y)

223's are great engines :beer: (y) :nod: excellent the Offy 2 X 1V intake is a proven performer! As far as the linkage Offy intakes and linkage are still available new so sould be easy to find. As far as ignistion system if you can't find the Mallory Duel point, you might also consider swapping in a DuraSpark II Distribitor from a 300 six. Exeter Auto Parts is one source for Offy parts (see below link). Good luck (y) :nod:

http://www.exeterautosupply.com/Docs/Of ... atalog.pdf

Very nice! My favorite set-up for the 223.

I have a Mallory YC along with 2 extra sets of points and 2 extra rotors all brand new. If you're interested, PM me.

Lou

Thanks for the info, Bubba! I've definitely read through some of your very helpful posts before.

manglass, I'll PM you. Thanks!

Snakeless":1tw8pmad said:
Thanks! Cool lookin' truck, Lazy JW. I've got way more experience with the 300, and just love them. Looks like yours pulls it's fair share, huh? (y)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, it pulls like a tractor; I only put about 500 miles per year on it but it sure comes in handy when I need it.

Back