215 engine

This is probably an old topic for some of you but, I'm the recipient of a low mileage (35,000) 1953 215 ci complete with bellhousing, starter and tranny. I'm unfamiliar with them and wonder what parts interchange with the 223? Is there anything I can do with this engine other than find a 52-53 to stick it in?

The 215's are semular to the 223 and some parts will interchange but not everything. Basically you can swap in the 215 for a 223 with a little bit of work. Good luck (y) :nod:

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking that the best thing I can do with this engine and trans is to find a 52-53 car or station wagon to drop it in. Of course, if I hadn't destroyed so many early and late 50s Fords on the dirt tracks it would probably be easier to find one, right? I see you're in Flagstaff. My wife and I delivered health and beauty products to the Walgreen warehouse there every Wednesday morning at 6 for almost 5 years starting in 1991. Our first trip there was Thanksgiving week and we were supposed deliver at our regular time but we got stuck in Groom, TX for 30 hours because of ice on I-40. That made us late to Walgreens so we spent 3 days in Flagstaff playing tourists. We really like that area.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Alan Purvis

alanp561":1rotvuvx said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking that the best thing I can do with this engine and trans is to find a 52-53 car or station wagon to drop it in. Of course, if I hadn't destroyed so many early and late 50s Fords on the dirt tracks it would probably be easier to find one, right? I see you're in Flagstaff. My wife and I delivered health and beauty products to the Walgreen warehouse there every Wednesday morning at 6 for almost 5 years starting in 1991. Our first trip there was Thanksgiving week and we were supposed deliver at our regular time but we got stuck in Groom, TX for 30 hours because of ice on I-40. That made us late to Walgreens so we spent 3 days in Flagstaff playing tourists. We really like that area.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Alan Purvis

With the right firewall mods and some custom made motor mounts you could fit that 215 into early Fords from 1935 up to 1951 the later models 1949 up to 51 would be a lot easier. I do like the 1952 to 54 models a lot they would be an easy bolt in. On the farm I got to drive my uncles 1953 F100 that had a 215. There seems to still be a few of the 1952 to 54 Ford cars, wagons, and some pick ups too in this area.

I first remember seeing Flagstaff as a kid around late 1950's our family was traveling on the old Route 66 heading to visit family in North Dakota. I rediscovered it when looking for a place to retire in summer 2013 and decided this would be a good place to be. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family. (y) :nod:

Back