Silent lash valvetrain

peeeot

Which components are required to complete a silent lash valvetrain? I know that the camshaft and rockers are unique—what about the pushrods, rocker shaft, and shaft supports?

Will the silent lash rockers fit under the 1960 valve cover?

To my knowledge when I had the new zero lash parts and compareing them to the solid lifter parts only the cams profile and the rockers arms were different. The rest of the parts such as the mushroom lifters, rocker shaft, and the rocker stands are all the same. I am not sure about the push rod lenght though. Good luck (y) :nod:

Ok, good! Do you have any idea what the rocker ratio is on the silent lash units? I am assuming since the cam lift is reduced the rockers must be higher ratio... plus they look longer.

I don't think there was any big differance in the cam specs between them unforchaneatly I didn't do a profile of the two cams. Both were solid lifter cams so I don't see any reason for the lift or cam ramps to be modded. One differance in the zero lash cam is that it is cross drilled, this is to send more oil to those special rocker arms, another differance maybe that the distribtor drive gear could be different at 12 tooth I didn't get to verify this though. Sorry I don't know the rocker ratio of the zero lash rockers, my hunch though is that they would need to be close in ratio to the stock adjustable ones. Good luck (y) :nod:

Back