Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Steering Wheel Question

Moderator: Mod Squad

56mulberry

Steering Wheel Question

Post #1 by 56mulberry » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:22 am

Our 77 F-100 was a non-PS, non-PB model. We installed PS on it in Jan/Feb which is working great. BUT--the old steering wheel which was necessary wiyhout the PS is eroding and comes off black on our hands whenever it is humid out--I guess the old plastic is shot.

I would like to replace it with a newer, padded, thicker, smaller diameter, "custom"-style aftermarket steering wheel. ANy recomendations--has anyone run into any DO or DON'Ts with this process? Thanks DOUG
"If you ever buy a battery at a place that advertises "free installation" and you own a 2004 Pontiac Montana, go ahead and take 'em up on the offer--while they install it you can go write a novel or solve the world hunger issue or grow some dreadlocks or something...."

spartman

Re: Steering Wheel Question

Post #2 by spartman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Dont get anything from a 80 or newer truck. They changed the spline count and spacing.

Other than that, I might have a 3 spoke "custom" factory style one for sale.

Its the one that they used on mustangs and trucks. There is no center cap though. Its smaller than a regular wheel.

I might have a pic here, but if not Ill have to take one when I get home.

Let me know