Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad


<<< New Site Update >>>

Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Moderator: Mod Squad

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #1 by Angelking » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:53 am

Looking for a remote dual oil filter kit for my 300.. Anyone here know of a manufacturer?

Thanks...

SM

Harte3
VIP Member
Posts: 2644
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #2 by Harte3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 am

A good place to start for information would be a Google search using "Remote Dual Oil Filter" as your search term.
'83 F150 300, 0.030 over, Offy DP, Holley 4160/1848-1 465 cfm, Comp Cam 260H. P/P head, EFI exhaust manifolds, Walker Y Pipe, Super Cat, Turbo muffler, Recurved DSII, Mallory HyFire 6a, ACCEL Super Stock Coil, Taylor 8mm Wires, EFI plugs.

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #3 by Angelking » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:32 am

Harte3 wrote:A good place to start for information would be a Google search using "Remote Dual Oil Filter" as your search term.


Gee...thanks......was hoping someone here would have some experience with a particular setup... A three year old knows to use Google

User avatar
Haywood
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 10:35 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #4 by Haywood » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:28 pm

I've heard of people using the Amsoil setup; that uses one standard filter and one micro filter, only filtering part of the oil through the micro, I guess it all gets filtered eventually. They certainly are proud of it.
https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/ ... e=BMK23-EA

arse_sidewards
Registered User
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #5 by arse_sidewards » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Get the remote oil filter mount off of two 99-04 F150/Expeditions in the junkyard. Cut off the hoses. Drill and tap the flange on the end of the hoses for whatever fitting you think is appropriate for your situation. Mount them somewhere on the truck. Plumb oil lines to them. Install oil filters. Start truck. Do burnouts.

I know this is probably not the kind of solution you're looking for but maybe it will help someone who reads this :rolflmao:
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

Harte3
VIP Member
Posts: 2644
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #6 by Harte3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:27 pm

"A three year old knows to use Google"

But apparently you don't...
'83 F150 300, 0.030 over, Offy DP, Holley 4160/1848-1 465 cfm, Comp Cam 260H. P/P head, EFI exhaust manifolds, Walker Y Pipe, Super Cat, Turbo muffler, Recurved DSII, Mallory HyFire 6a, ACCEL Super Stock Coil, Taylor 8mm Wires, EFI plugs.

wallen7
Registered User
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #7 by wallen7 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Part # 7201030 transdapt available from Speedway Motors - $49.99 and possibly other vendors.

User avatar
woodbutcher
VIP Member
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: LaFollette Tn.

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #8 by woodbutcher » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:31 pm

:hmmm: The way I read his post was he was asking if anyone had any history with using one,and how they performed.Not where to get one.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo
"People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election".
Otto von Bismarck

User avatar
THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
VIP Member
Posts: 6093
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:25 pm
Location: FRENCHTOWN

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #9 by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:04 pm

Angelking wrote:...was hoping someone here would have some experience with a particular setup...


That wasn't part of your original post.
FORD 300 INLINE SIX - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING

DrumRod
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:04 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #10 by DrumRod » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:29 pm

I used the single remote Transdapt oil filter, don't know about dual filters. However, before you install any type of remote oil filter make sure you turn the adapters over and trace the path of the oil. My Transdapt adapters were marked with 'in' and 'out' indicators so I plumbed them out from the engine, in to the remote adapter, then out from the remote adapter to in on the engine. My engine developed a knock 5 minutes into the break in process. Turned engine off, waited a while, tried it again, same results. Took quite a while to discover that the hoses for the remote filter were backwards. 'In' was 'out' and 'out' was 'in'. No damage to engine.....

DrumRod
27 T HiBoy BB6 C6

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #11 by Angelking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Found one at Perma - Cool that came highly recommended. Mocked up with pvc pipe for now. the website is: shop.perma-cool.com
Part number 01711..... the engine adapter bolts right onto a 300. The oil filter(s) can be mounted anywhere..but they recommend no further away than 1/2 the hose length that is provided in the kit.

Image

SM
Last edited by Angelking on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #12 by Angelking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Harte3 wrote:"A three year old knows to use Google"

But apparently you don't...


Using your logic, why have a forum? Just google everything...

SM

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #13 by Angelking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:25 pm

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER wrote:
Angelking wrote:...was hoping someone here would have some experience with a particular setup...


That wasn't part of your original post.


Never said it was, I think most would infer it as I implied it..


SM

arse_sidewards
Registered User
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #14 by arse_sidewards » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 pm

You asked a super vague question without any details to narrow it down and got wise ass responses. Welcome to the (non-reddit, non-facebook) Internet.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #15 by Angelking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:40 pm

arse_sidewards wrote:You asked a super vague question without any details to narrow it down and got wise ass responses. Welcome to the (non-reddit, non-facebook) Internet.


And just got another one... people sure are tuff behind their keyboards...First of all, I don;t see what was vague about it. I asked if anyone know of a manfacturer of a dual remote oil filter kit. Don't see anything vague about that. I was hoping someone would recommend one from their own experience. Do you see the difference? got some wise ass responses to a supposedly vague question, still getting them actually.I responded with a post that would actually help people including the website and part number. Do you want to be the helpful guy or join the few wiseass guys?

SM

arse_sidewards
Registered User
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #16 by arse_sidewards » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Angelking wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:You asked a super vague question without any details to narrow it down and got wise ass responses. Welcome to the (non-reddit, non-facebook) Internet.


And just got another one... people sure are tuff behind their keyboards...First of all, I don;t see what was vague about it. I asked if anyone know of a manfacturer of a dual remote oil filter kit. Don't see anything vague about that. I was hoping someone would recommend one from their own experience. Do you see the difference? got some wise ass responses to a supposedly vague question, still getting them actually.I responded with a post that would actually help people including the website and part number. Do you want to be the helpful guy or join the few wiseass guys?

SM


When it comes to filter heads most people run whatever is convenient. It's usually stuff we got at a flea market/swap meet/eBay and had kicking around our garage for a decade or we just use whatever was cheap online that day. It we think it's gonna limit flow we port the casting to make it a little better.

When I stuck a water filter on my truck I went on eBay, sorted by price from low to high.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

Angelking
Registered User
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #17 by Angelking » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:23 pm

arse_sidewards wrote:
Angelking wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:You asked a super vague question without any details to narrow it down and got wise ass responses. Welcome to the (non-reddit, non-facebook) Internet.


And just got another one... people sure are tuff behind their keyboards...First of all, I don;t see what was vague about it. I asked if anyone know of a manfacturer of a dual remote oil filter kit. Don't see anything vague about that. I was hoping someone would recommend one from their own experience. Do you see the difference? got some wise ass responses to a supposedly vague question, still getting them actually.I responded with a post that would actually help people including the website and part number. Do you want to be the helpful guy or join the few wiseass guys?

SM


When it comes to filter heads most people run whatever is convenient. It's usually stuff we got at a flea market/swap meet/eBay and had kicking around our garage for a decade or we just use whatever was cheap online that day. It we think it's gonna limit flow we port the casting to make it a little better.

When I stuck a water filter on my truck I went on eBay, sorted by price from low to high.


Since this is an open frame car, I have several places I can put it. The steering box is actually going where the filter would normally stick out from the block. This car is going to see some dirt track time, so wanted as much filter as possible. Thanks for the response.

SM

arse_sidewards
Registered User
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:18 am

Re: Remote Dual Oil Fliter

Post #18 by arse_sidewards » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Angelking wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:
Angelking wrote:
And just got another one... people sure are tuff behind their keyboards...First of all, I don;t see what was vague about it. I asked if anyone know of a manfacturer of a dual remote oil filter kit. Don't see anything vague about that. I was hoping someone would recommend one from their own experience. Do you see the difference? got some wise ass responses to a supposedly vague question, still getting them actually.I responded with a post that would actually help people including the website and part number. Do you want to be the helpful guy or join the few wiseass guys?

SM


When it comes to filter heads most people run whatever is convenient. It's usually stuff we got at a flea market/swap meet/eBay and had kicking around our garage for a decade or we just use whatever was cheap online that day. It we think it's gonna limit flow we port the casting to make it a little better.

When I stuck a water filter on my truck I went on eBay, sorted by price from low to high.


Since this is an open frame car, I have several places I can put it. The steering box is actually going where the filter would normally stick out from the block. This car is going to see some dirt track time, so wanted as much filter as possible. Thanks for the response.

SM


Find a bypass filter housing for a big truck. Port it out so it's got more flow area than a stock filter (this will be necessary if you get a bypass filter since those only have a pinhole for flow). Find a filter that has the flow rating you need (it probably won't be for a bypass/secondary application) and thread it on. Most any primary filter for a big diesel will be rated for more than double the flow of the stock filter.

The Hastings website has a good cross referencing tool. The Wix Filters website has a good search tool and shows the flow ratings and applications for a given filter. Buy a filter online or go to Napa or something.

I have a FRAM K3668A (same as WIX 24750) base I couldn't pass up because it was $5 (probably an error and they meant to type $50). I found a massive filter for it which cost like $40 by itself but I didn't shop around. It needed to be ported (because it's a bypass filter mount). I still haven't put it on my truck because what's there works fine. I'll probably put it on whatever beater vehicle I buy next.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mtbikerTi, wallen7 and 34 guests