Need fan help ASAP!!!

Moderator: Mod Squad

takehikes

Need fan help ASAP!!!

Post #1 by takehikes » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:40 pm

I havea 1968 F100 with a 240 in it. I bought a fan clutch for it and a buddy was to modify the stock fan blade for it to work. He butchered it! I need a fan that will work with my engine and the fan clutch and I need it now!! Lookign for a Napa or Autozone or someones part number to get a fan back in to it that fits and works and turns the right way! I'm in a real mess here guys.

takehikes

Re: Need fan help ASAP!!!

Post #2 by takehikes » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 am

I ended up finding a fan at Napa that would work. Nice fit and it was 9 blade though blades were plastic, it fit snugly around the clutch, looked great. I drilled new mounting holes in it and bolted it up and it was perfect.....until it kicked in. Reverse rotation! Yup blowing to the front instead of the rear.ARRRGGHHH! Couldn't believe I blew it and had now modified it so it became a $25 buck mantlepiece.
found a perfect 6 blade fan on Summit's site, a hayden. Not a flex fan but regular steel 6 blade that blew the right direction. got it next day, bolted right on, works great.

I HIGHLY recommend putting on a clutch fan. The amount of noise it cut from the engine is incredible. While I had done a fair amount of soundproofing in my cab this at least matched the affect of it. Great way to cheaply cut noise and horsepower draw too.

Rusty_Old_F250

Post #3 by Rusty_Old_F250 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:46 pm

Glad you got it sorted, I was going to suggest the Hayden from summit. I ran one on my 390, very happy with it.

Sam

Fordman75

Post #4 by Fordman75 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 pm

Glad you got it worked out. I personally like a good electric fan even better ( like the Taurus, Mark VIII, etc. ) .

Oh and if you or anyone else ever needs one of the stock 4 blade fans. I usually have at least a couple on hand I'd be willing to sell. :thumbup: I always pull them in favor of the electric ones.
Ted

54 Ford F100/F150 4x4
300, NP435 4spd, NP205 transfercase