Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2018 Contributors:
StarDiero75, curts56, DannyG, B RON CO, wsa111, Captainslow42, falconcritter
Econoline, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, 95FordFleetside, turbo6, Max_Effort, WorldChampGramp
cr_bobcat, C.S.Designs, pmuller9, gus91326, rwbrooks50, rocklord, drag-200stang, Big64my79Effie, CNC-Dude, gb500

2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry

Unknown->> M.Ketterer, T.Smith, J.Myers, P.McIntire - Please PM me (1966Mustang) and lemme know who you are!

Permanent 300 Six Cyl Head CFM solutions- A Work in Progress

Moderator: Mod Squad

Wesman07

Re: Permanent 300 Six Cyl Head CFM solutions- A Work in Progress

Post #301 by Wesman07 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:46 pm

The short answer is too much for most people, unless we can count on a large quantity. I think we are pretty far from that number as of now.. but who knows, these heads might appeal to a whole new demographic of people.
In-lines we trust

86 f150 300 efi with advanced stock cam. Np435, Dana 60/ 10.25, 35" BFG's, four link front suspension with 12" travel fox coil overs, custom deaver leaf pack in the rear.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
VIP Member

Post #302 by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Max_Effort wrote:...How much would it cost to make the core boxes and cast the 6 cyl head ...?

About $6500 in lots of a couple of dozen.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1916/457 ... 11_o_d.jpg
FORD 300 INLINE SIX - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
VIP Member

Post #303 by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Max_Effort wrote:...How much would it cost to make the core boxes and cast the 6 cyl head ...?

About $6500 based on ordering a couple dozen or so, based on a similar restoration project on a Marmon V 16.

Including machining
FORD 300 INLINE SIX - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING

Sevensecondsuv

Post #304 by Sevensecondsuv » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi all, new member here. I posted on the topic on FTE, but it seems the main discussion is here.

Any new updates on progress? Now that the JR head is done, when does it go into production so you all can start filling orders?

I've got a tired old six in a '95 F250, complete with a ZF-5. Really its biggest problem is that it leaks oil from, well, everywhere. I'm ready to rebuild it. My plan is to use the Jr head, hyper pistons, something like the crower 19213 cam. I've done a lot of thinking about intake and fuel. This one needs to stay injected, so megasquirt it is. Never used megasquirt but I've done some tuning SCT when I turbocharged my 2001 Ford Ranger so I have an idea what is involved. The current plan is to weld up a plenum out of 3.5" square aluminum tube and bolt it onto the efi lower, possibly put some velocity stacks inside to add a couple of couple inches to runner length. Probably port match the lower to the head since Ford likes to choke then down a lot where the injector sits. Then a throttle body, elbow, and IAC off a 2v 5.4 Triton looks to be about perfect and will bolt on the center of my new plenum perfectly. This keeps the entire intake tract on the passenger side of the engine, leaving that big valve cover fully exposed. For fuel, the 24 lb/hr EV6 injectors off any of the 3v 4.6/5.4 look to be ideal. Tuned right, I think 225 hp with great torque and perfect reliability would be possible out of such a combo.

It'd be fun to make a before/after video of it pulling something like 3-4 round bales on a trailer going 0-55 or something.

pmuller9

Post #305 by pmuller9 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 am

I talked with Bruce yesterday and everything is in place at the shop to produce the JR head.
We just need to complete the transaction here to become a qualified vendor.

Please private message Bruce "WorldChampGramp" and let him know that you need a JR head.

Any one else needing a JR head please do the same so we can prepare for the volume.
Thanks.

Sevensecondsuv

Post #306 by Sevensecondsuv » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Do you guys have springs/retainers picked out that will work with a range of cams? Or are we better off ordering without springs and let the cam manufacturer specify/supply those? Also there was some discussion a ways back about offering the head with the stock pedestals or milled/drilled/tapped for roller rockers and guideplates. Have you settled on a list of parts for the roller rocker conversion yet? If that is going to be an option, at what cam size is a roller conversion required? Can something like a 270 degree (adv) / .470 lift cam and associated spring pressure be used with the stock setup or is that pushing the limit?

pmuller9

Post #307 by pmuller9 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Very good questions.

The Crane 96803 single spring will handle most of the off the shelf hydraulic street cams.
A single spring will work with the cast locator on the head so no machining is required.
If a dual spring is needed the the locator will need to be machined to a smaller diameter..

We can install the springs and retainers at the correct height or the user can. Buyers choice.

The head comes with 5/16" threaded holes for pedestal mount rockers.
The stock rockers have been used with .487" valve lifts.
Once valve lifts go near .500" and over and open spring pressures are 275 lbs and over, I like to see roller rockers.

Crane makes a Rocker Arm Guideplate Conversion Kit, part no 36655 with 3/8" studs that screw into the 5/16" threaded hole.
The kit also supplies pushrod guide plates with soft inserts.
This conversion is for light duty only.
I'm only mentioning it because it is available. It is not a recommendation.

We can drill and tap 7/16" threaded holes for 3/8" and 7/16" studs.

I can supply the regular hardened steel pusrod guide plates for 5/16" pushrods.
If need be I will setup a new jig for 3/8" push rods.

Sevensecondsuv

Post #308 by Sevensecondsuv » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 am

Excellent! So it sounds like for a truck engine with a reasonable street cam, staying with the stock setup is adequate and saves a lot of fooling around getting valvetrain geometry dialed in with a collection of parts from other applications. It should also mean one can use stock pushrods and not have to find a tall valve cover either.

Also, any thoughts on my intake plans? I haven't seen anyone try a plenum on top of the efi lower on an injected motor. I'm interested in thoughts on what that design will do to the powerband. I'm afraid it might raise it too much for an F250. On the flip side, those long skinny runners in the efi upper seem like they would hobble a good flowing head and street cam.

pmuller9

Post #309 by pmuller9 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:36 am

The JR head comes with 4.91" long valves to accommodate valve lifts over .550".
It also allows valve spring installed heights between 1.700" and 1.800"
The stock EFI valves are 4.750".
You still will need to work on geometry and possibly longer pushrods.

No immediate plans for intake manifolds.
The Clifford Four barrel intake has bosses for injectors.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #310 by WorldChampGramp » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:20 pm

To all of you who have asked very probing questions in this last few days of Q&A on this thread. Great thinking ALL and the kind of dialog we all need moving forward. Some of you may not be familiar with just how well versed Pmuller9 is on all things 6-cylinder Ford so I will chime in to assure you "DR." Muller as I named him in jest is the best forum resource you may find anywhere. For those of you who have PM'd me recently with intent to order a Jr head, I have Cc'd Paul Muller and Wes (Wesman07) my response so that they too are able to communicate with you about all things project wise. No one can accomplish this and stay on top of what goes into this development program alone. It takes many dedicated people and some who wish to remain anonymous to pull this off. I wish I had more time to participate in the forum but rest assured my silence at times is nothing more than being too busy to pontificate :thumbup: Gramps :idea: :beer:

sandboxer

Post #311 by sandboxer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi Gents
I am interested in all three heads, but can only buy one to start. I would need to know the specs of the SR. head before being able to decide. I know development funds are scarce, but I can’t rightly fork out for a Jr when the Sr is what I need. Any idea of a timeframe for the Sr testing?
Thanks
S

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #312 by WorldChampGramp » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Sandboxer: Our goal has always been Jr 1st followed by Sr with target CFM for Jr being in the 220 range which we have exceeded with our finalized Jr design of consistant 230 CFM. We are striving to finalize the Sr development configuration and expect intake CFM in the 260 range, which in our opinion is all one can expect from a u-flow head without "striking water" and resorting to the epoxy route. This planned 30 CFM differential should make the two offerings attractive (for specific end use purposes) to justify forking out extra dinero for the Sr. Should have Sr head numbers and pricing for both by Christmas. No we can't deliver to the North Pole. Bruce :checks: :thanks:

BigBlue94

Post #313 by BigBlue94 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:23 pm

pmuller9 wrote:
No immediate plans for intake manifolds.
The Clifford Four barrel intake has bosses for injectors.

Just for others reference, this is the Clifford intake. It has the cast-in bosses for injectors and hold-downs as noted. It's also not technically just a 4bbl manifold. It has a square bore, that either a 2 or 4bbl adapter plate bolts to, or a throttle body. First pic is without the 4bbl plate on.

Port walls have a good amount of meat for any port matching needs.

1985 Bronco. 300-6, NP435, 4.56 gears, Detroit locker and tru-trac, 4" lift, and 37" swamper tires. 300 has a 4bbl and headers.

broncr
VIP Member

Post #314 by broncr » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Once again - a bit late, but my condolences as well Bruce.

As far as Jr head orders go - please ( whomever) PM me with the details. Life's too short to be waiting around.
'82 FSP Bronco. Just about every mod ever mentioned. ( Too much to list - or remember...)

pmuller9

Post #315 by pmuller9 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:46 pm

From Bruce Sizemore aka Gramps
CallingCalling all potential JR head forum members. The time has come (Thank God) where we are searching for a few customers who can test one of our new u-flow efi JR heads preferably as a direct comparison to a NA 300 that has had some performance modifications already performed. Several Forum members state they want an entry level Jr Head for fresh builds that are 5-8 months off. Nothing wrong with that, however, we would like to have someone "step up to the plate" who can give us feedback in a much shorter timeframe. AL the machinist and I will soon be putting together the complete customer 300 street performer that will be debuted on the dyno hopefully no later than mid-January. In summary the Jr head flow work is complete and Gramps will be posting final CFM figures this coming week. We are only an estimated 2-weeks from finalizing the Sr porting exercise and this weekend’s effort has yielded a few can’t dos e.g. (port wall break outs) but that goes with the territory. When you want and need a strong 260+ cfm port that has better numbers than the JR counterpart all the way from .100"-.700" valve lift, that isn’t easy and results in a lot of scrap along the way. We would like to sacrifice a new head with the SR max porting by slicing up after finalized port design to prove to ourselves that sufficient walls remain. Unfortunately we are already grossly over budget and no more exists “in the well”. If you can pony up with a “chip in” please visit our PayPal link and help Gramps get thru this supreme financial challenge. Bruce Sizemore aka Gramps Here is the link: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

pmuller9

Post #316 by pmuller9 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am

JR u-flow efi head with 1.84 intake 1.6 ex. - These are the final CFM flow numbers, no further improvements are anticipated

For SR u-flow efi head with 1.94 intake 1.6 ex. - These are the final CFM flow numbers no further improvements are anticipated, HOWEVER remaining wall thickness will have to be verified by multiple sectioning of prototype head BEFORE release.
Better known in Ford engineering as destructive analysis. Bruce.

guhfluh

Post #317 by guhfluh » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:37 am

pmuller9 wrote:JR u-flow efi head with 1.84 intake 1.6 ex. - These are the final CFM flow numbers, no further improvements are anticipated

For SR u-flow efi head with 1.94 intake 1.6 ex. - These are the final CFM flow numbers no further improvements are anticipated, HOWEVER remaining wall thickness will have to be verified by multiple sectioning of prototype head BEFORE release.

Curious what the first rows of numbers are. I can easily figure the second rows are CFM relative to lift.

I wish I could test a head, it would be a good comparison to my previous dynos, but I don't see it financially doable for me. :(
1967 F-250 Crew Cab 2wd, 300 6cyl, T-170/RTS/TOD 4-speed overdrive
240 head, Offy C, EFI exhaust manifolds, Comp 268H, mandrel 2.5-3" exhaust, Edelbrock 500, Pertronix ignitor and coil, recurved dizzy. 200whp/300wtq

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #318 by WorldChampGramp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:44 pm

guhfluh wrote:
pmuller9 wrote:JR u-flow efi head with 1.84 intake 1.6 ex. - These are the final CFM flow numbers, no further improvements are anticipated

Curious what the first rows of numbers are. I can easily figure the second rows are CFM relative to lift.

I wish I could test a head, it would be a good comparison to my previous dynos, but I don't see it financially doable for me. :(

guhfluh: VG observation and question. The random 1-3, 1-4 and 1-5 markings are simply the flowbench operators notes indicating how many "rubber stops" have been removed to generate a 'raw' flow number from the manometer. Our Superflow 110 model bench uses 14" of water as the default depression for all calculations. These raw numbers are converted by a 2X multiplier to arrive at the desired 28" of water which is what most published CFM flow results use as their inches of water standard. The bench operator reads the monometer at any given lift and corelates this reading with the use of a graph mounted on the back of the flow bench. For what you see in our spread sheet pictured here all final flow numbers are in the extreme rt hand column for both heads e.g. the Jr and Sr.

Hope that helps Gramps :checks:

sandboxer

Post #319 by sandboxer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 pm

Great looking numbers!

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #320 by WorldChampGramp » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:37 pm

sandboxer wrote:Great looking numbers!

Thanks Sandboxer for your consistent and Loyal support. The following Chart should clear things up a bit. Agree Gramps
Jr & Sr head flow comparison 11-24-18.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sevensecondsuv

Post #321 by Sevensecondsuv » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:05 pm

Boy those SR head numbers make the JR head look wimpy. You should put the stock numbers on there for perspective!

Impressive that you hit 260+ on a U flow head!

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #322 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:00 am

Sevensecondsuv wrote:Boy those SR head numbers make the JR head look wimpy. You should put the stock numbers on there for perspective!

Impressive that you hit 260+ on a U flow head!

OK here you go , now that's progress or my mname isn't Bruce Sizemore Sr. :beer:
EFI Stock Flow Session-PDF.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sandboxer

Post #323 by sandboxer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am

Spending most of my life running Mopar, I know that this head flows better than the deadly 340 casting. Very impressive to say the least! How much horsepower could the Sr. Head potentially support with a static 9.5 compression ratio?

Phase3

Post #324 by Phase3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:44 am

Can you comment on chamber volume of the sr head at this point?
1996 f150 turbo 4.9 OBD2 M5OD 4x4 12 lbs on 93
1997 f350 351w cclb

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #325 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Phase3 wrote:Can you comment on chamber volume of the sr head at this point?
sandboxer wrote:Spending most of my life running Mopar, I know that this head flows better than the deadly 340 casting. Very impressive to say the least! How much horsepower could the Sr. Head potentially support with a static 9.5 compression ratio?

HMMMM :hmmm: Great thought provoking question. My "pea brain" suggests a great exercise would be a very solid, say 300HP 4BBL Jr headed 300 such as the one we are currently building for our 1st customer JB. His will have a slightly higher static CR 9.75:1 with forged pistons (customer preference) Zero deck and +18cc dish. Dr Muller and I have been in concert with this first customer build as well as AL the machinist who I have volunteered my time to in assembling the engine and then testing on the Dyno. Wouldn't it be great to simply swap heads when the best numbers had been achieved with the JR headed customer build. Sure would answer a lot of unknowns in my humble opinion. Gramps :idea:

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #326 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:04 pm

Phase3 wrote:Can you comment on chamber volume of the sr head at this point?

I will try to get you a good "close to as we can now" CC measurement this week as we have both heads in the shop with chamber work near completion. Bruce

pmuller9

Post #327 by pmuller9 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:45 pm

sandboxer wrote:Spending most of my life running Mopar, I know that this head flows better than the deadly 340 casting. Very impressive to say the least! How much horsepower could the Sr. Head potentially support with a static 9.5 compression ratio?

I'm assuming the static 9.5 compression ratio indicates street performance on pump gas maximum potential.
The best way I can answer the question is the following:

Looking at a dozen or more cylinder head test on V8 engines that have close to a 4.00" bore and stroke similar to the 300 six with cams and rocker ratios that put the valve lift at the peak flow lift numbers of the head you see Power factors between .250 and .280.
This is with roller cams with wide lobe separation angles and .050" durations around 240 degrees for performance street use along with compression ratios in the 10s.

If we use the low .250 power factor and 260 cfm @ 600 lift we get 260 x .250 x 6 cylinders = 390 hp.
Again this is with a .600"+ lift roller cam, Static compression ratio over 10:1, 1 5/8" header (Not the 1.5") and a good breathing induction system.
The engine will be making peak power above 6000 rpm.

We hope a person is buying the SR head for high performance work and will not be using a 800 gram hypereutectic piston with pin and use a cam with a respectable duration and lift.

sandboxer

Post #328 by sandboxer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:28 am

That works for me.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #329 by WorldChampGramp » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:20 pm

broncr wrote:Once again - a bit late, but my condolences as well Bruce.

As far as Jr head orders go - please ( whomever) PM me with the details. Life's too short to be waiting around.

BRONCR: BOTH PAUL AND I HAVE TRIED TO PM YOU AND NO RESPONSE, IS EVERYTHING OK :thumbup: concerned Gramps

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #330 by WorldChampGramp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:54 am

pmuller9 wrote:

I'm assuming the static 9.5 compression ratio indicates street performance on pump gas maximum potential.
The best way I can answer the question is the following:

Looking at a dozen or more cylinder head test on V8 engines that have close to a 4.00" bore and stroke similar to the 300 six with cams and rocker ratios that put the valve lift at the peak flow lift numbers of the head you see Power factors between .250 and .280.
This is with roller cams with wide lobe separation angles and .050" durations around 240 degrees for performance street use along with compression ratios in the 10s.

If we use the low .250 power factor and 260 cfm @ 600 lift we get 260 x .250 x 6 cylinders = 390 hp.
Again this is with a .600"+ lift roller cam, Static compression ratio over 10:1, 1 5/8" header (Not the 1.5") and a good breathing induction system.
The engine will be making peak power above 6000 rpm.

We hope a person is buying the SR head for high performance work and will not be using a 800 gram hypereutectic piston with pin and use a cam with a respectable duration and lift.

:checks: Everyone please read and re-read the quote (above) from our Resident Guru P Muller who is attending the annual PRI shown in Indianapolis Thursday 12/6 thru tomorrow 12/8. His level of intellect is a blessing to ALL! I have personally used his engineering expertise to resolve a number of ‘running changes’ we have made in our aggressive 3-prong cylinder head program. Paul will be “talking shop” with a number of Key Vendors about our 300 projects, as we narrow down your choice of cylinder head options and associated (recommended) component parts for each type Head > JR, SR, Cross-Flow<.
Keep the PM flowing and [chip in] if you can thru our PP donation link. Gramps :thumbup:

broncr
VIP Member

Post #331 by broncr » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

Bruce,

Thanks for the concern. I hit a pretty rough patch of road recently but the worst is behind me now. 'Hoping Santa will be bringing me something aluminum this year... :)

PM'd ya. Sent my contact info a while back.

Bob
'82 FSP Bronco. Just about every mod ever mentioned. ( Too much to list - or remember...)

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #332 by WorldChampGramp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:14 pm

broncr wrote:Bruce,

Thanks for the concern. I hit a pretty rough patch of road recently but the worst is behind me now. 'Hoping Santa will be bringing me something aluminum this year... :)

Bob

Bob: sent you my email on 11/20 please check all your PM contacts with me as my records only show (3). please send another Email direct and put Broncr in subject line. Bruce :thumbup:

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #333 by WorldChampGramp » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:21 pm

WorldChampGramp wrote:
broncr wrote:Bruce,

Bob

Bob: sent you my email on 11/20 please check all your PM contacts with me as my records only show (3). please send another Email direct and put Broncr in subject line. Bruce :thumbup:

Let me clarify I never received an Email from you. I should have typed above 'Sent you my email ADDRESS on 11/20' :nod:

broncr
VIP Member

Post #334 by broncr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Bruce I responded on Dec 1, copied & pasted the email you provided. I'll try again. I'll also send it via PM, here.

Thanks!

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #335 by WorldChampGramp » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:14 pm

broncr wrote:Bruce I responded on Dec 1, copied & pasted the email you provided. I'll try again. I'll also send it via PM, here.

Thanks!

Got it, saved it, I will contact you this week. Should be great conversation. :idea: Bruce

Lunatic Fringe

Post #336 by Lunatic Fringe » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Practicing my CAD. My interpretation of what the header flange will look like for the X-flow head.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Finally JR Head Pricing

Post #337 by WorldChampGramp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:43 am

[size=150] Our New EQ EFI heads are ready for release in TWO VERSIONS:

Version #1 - A fully ported Finish machined Bare Head With all valve seat work done, valve guides machined for quality Viton seals and resurfaced to factory ‘RMS’ finish. TWO additional machining options are available (separately or combined):

a) Drill & tap 5/16” rocker pedestal bolt holes, to accept 7/16 x 14 screw-in studs
b) Machining spring seats flat for dual valve springs.

Version #2 - Same as above except> fully assembled with 1.84 SS Intakes, 1.60 SS Exhausts, steel retainers, hardened keepers, Viton seals and single valve springs for a performance hydraulic cam.

Base price for both heads is $1,492, Version #1 a) + $48, b) + $36

Version #2 - (bolt-on complete head) + $196 same a) & b) option/pricing upcharge/s apply

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to ALL. :party:

Bruce Sizemore, the Santa :santa; Gramps has spoken

Please [Chip in] if you can HERE: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

Phase3

Post #338 by Phase3 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:39 pm

What camshaft do you recommend that could take advantage of those flow numbers up to .550 and still have enough low end to pull out with a manual trans? Also whats the lift limits on the single springs if you happen to know.
Thanks
1997 f350 351w cclb

Wesman07

Post #339 by Wesman07 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Good question. The answer is not quite that simple. Cam selection and max rpms are also factors
In-lines we trust

86 f150 300 efi with advanced stock cam. Np435, Dana 60/ 10.25, 35" BFG's, four link front suspension with 12" travel fox coil overs, custom deaver leaf pack in the rear.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #340 by WorldChampGramp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Wesman07 wrote:Good question. The answer is not quite that simple. Cam selection and max rpms are also factors

Gramp agrees swith Wesman07. ++ always best to consult with your aftermarket camshaft suppliers, too many variables. Strong suggestion from Gramps, check the numerous posts from our resident Guru Paul Muller (pmuller9) on camshaft recommendations and if you tap his knowledge base neatly packaged in various threads on this Forum you will find an answer. Bruce

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Re: Finally JR Head Pricing

Post #341 by WorldChampGramp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:09 pm

WorldChampGramp wrote:
An easier read for tired eyes like mine. :roll: :beer: :thumbup:

Our New EQ EFI heads are ready for release in TWO VERSIONS:

Version #1 - A fully ported Finish machined Bare Head With all valve seat work done, valve guides machined for quality Viton seals and resurfaced to factory ‘RMS’ finish. TWO additional machining options are available (separately or combined):

a) Drill & tap 5/16” rocker pedestal bolt holes, to accept 7/16 x 14 screw-in studs

Version #2 - Same as above except> fully assembled with 1.84 SS Intakes, 1.60 SS Exhausts, steel retainers, hardened keepers, Viton seals and single valve springs for a performance hydraulic cam.

Version #2 - (bolt-on complete head) + $196 same a) & b) option/pricing upcharge/s apply

pmuller9

Post #342 by pmuller9 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Phase3 wrote:What camshaft do you recommend that could take advantage of those flow numbers up to .550 and still have enough low end to pull out with a manual trans? Also whats the lift limits on the single springs if you happen to know.
Thanks

The lift limit on the single spring being supplied with the head is .600"

We have a big valve fully ported head with a .050" 232/232 duration cam (288/288 advertised duration) on a 112* LSA that will break the tires loose at 1200 rpm, 2nd gear T18 tranny and still getting 18 MPG @ 70 mph in a 77 pickup 2WD.
Valve lift is .534" with a BBC 1.6 roller rocker.

Anything in the 230s .050" duration will still supply low end torque and make good power to 5500 rpm.

Sevensecondsuv

Post #343 by Sevensecondsuv » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:24 pm

WorldChampGramp wrote:[size=150] Our New EQ EFI heads are ready for release in TWO VERSIONS:

When do you anticipate you'll be ready to start shipping heads? Also, are you going build some sort of web store to handle sales?

pmuller9

Post #344 by pmuller9 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Sevensecondsuv wrote:When do you anticipate you'll be ready to start shipping heads? Also, are you going build some sort of web store to handle sales?

First head has been delivered.
Second head is ready and is waiting for an order so we know how to finish it per the customer requirements.
This is on a first come first serve basis.

We are not a business and would like to keep it simple with private exchange.

PM "WorldChampGramp" and myself "pmuller9" if you have questions and/or an order for a head.

Phase3

Post #345 by Phase3 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm

pmuller9 wrote:
Phase3 wrote:What camshaft do you recommend that could take advantage of those flow numbers up to .550 and still have enough low end to pull out with a manual trans? Also whats the lift limits on the single springs if you happen to know.
Thanks

We have a big valve fully ported head with a .050" 232/232 duration cam (288/288 advertised duration) on a 112* LSA that will break the tires loose at 1200 rpm, 2nd gear T18 tranny and still getting 18 MPG @ 70 mph in a 77 pickup 2WD.

Anything in the 230s .050" duration will still supply low end torque and make good power to 5500 rpm.

Would love to see a dyno graph on this setup. What kind of a donation would make that a possibility? Sounds like good results but still on the fence because of the fun factor my truck has already provided me. Thanks
1997 f350 351w cclb

pmuller9

Post #346 by pmuller9 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:30 pm

Phase3 wrote:Would love to see a dyno graph on this setup. What kind of a donation would make that a possibility? Sounds like good results but still on the fence because of the fun factor my truck has already provided me. Thanks

I only had time to do the break-in on the engine stand before having to move from Washington to Indiana.
The Dyno was only 12 miles away but the owner lived 320 miles away and needed to pick the engine up from me just before the move.

The engine with the first JR head is being assembled with similar components and is expected to be engine dyno tested.

sandboxer

Post #347 by sandboxer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:07 pm

I’m excited to see the results. Congratulations on your launch!

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #348 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:07 am

sandboxer wrote:I’m excited to see the results. Congratulations on your launch!

Thank you Sandboxer we will make sure we have so melodious violin music in the background when we record our forthcoming JR head Dyno session. Bruce

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #349 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:34 am

Phase3 wrote:
pmuller9 wrote:
Thanks

Would love to see a dyno graph on this setup. What kind of a donation would make that a possibility?Sounds like good results but still on the fence because of the fun factor my truck has already provided me. Thanks

Phase3: Donations which in 6-months of effort have only yielded enough funds to pay for Two full days of Dyno testing at $750/day, so
we are not in a position to test all (3) heads JR, SR and X-Flow as we had originally planned. We will be putting the completed customer JR engine on the Dyno next month and be releasing those results. From there we will move to a SR headed Build/Dyno Phase2 effort (pun intended) using what I personally have assembled which is an in progress 'modern day' Preparation H engine package. All of the Why and How information has been presented elsewhere in this extensive "compendium" thread. Bruce

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Look What Santa found for GRAMPS

Post #350 by WorldChampGramp » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:21 pm

I-GAS PINTO with X-Flow license plate.jpg

Return to “240-300 "Big Block" Six Performance”