Private label vs name brand.

Moderator: Mod Squad

psa1sonic

Private label vs name brand.

Post #1 by psa1sonic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 am

So I am curious as I’m going to rebuild a few different gas motors one is a 300.
I been in heavy Diesel engines and after market internal parts are almost non existent.

The local parts house has name brand melling, sealed power, mahle, ect
But they have private label for almost 100$ less

Question is what if any is the difference?
As I have found third party, Asian hub bearing, roller bearings, ect ect to be less than their American, European, South American counterparts. And in many cases superior.

CNC-Dude

Re: Private label vs name brand.

Post #2 by CNC-Dude » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Many private label brands are also made by the same top shelf manufacturers. That way they control the whole market by offering the lesser priced products as well as the higher end ones. As you mentioned, the quality on the private label parts are just as good and still has the same "lifetime warranty", so why not!

psa1sonic

Post #3 by psa1sonic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm

CNC-Dude wrote:Many private label brands are also made by the same top shelf manufacturers. That way they control the whole market by offering the lesser priced products as well as the higher end ones. As you mentioned, the quality on the private label parts are just as good and still has the same "lifetime warranty", so why not!

I am curious if they’re actually lesser in quality. Ie material compositions ect ect.

CNC-Dude

Post #4 by CNC-Dude » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:26 pm

They still have to eat it if it goes bad. So I wouldn't think it would always be lesser quality. Some of the these companies also own smaller companies they may sub the work out to that have cheaper labor rates(overseas plants), but it still needs to pass their same QC requirements I would think.