1995 EFI 300 turbo build

Moderator: Mod Squad

Wesman07

Re: 1995 EFI 300 turbo build

Post #51 by Wesman07 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:29 pm

n8in8or wrote:
Vadis89 wrote:I've been following along with this with every update and I just want to say thanks for all the pictures and write ups. Just figured I'd throw this out there in case it helps with the fuel pump thing.
Quantum 255LPH Fuel Pump Assembly

You’re welcome. I just try to think of threads I enjoy reading and try to include those same features in my threads. And keep them honest and truthful that helps too - it’s not fun to post a mistake if you make one, but mistakes are the best way to learn unfortunately.

Yes, that is a nice find on the pump, thanks for posting. I only use my front tank right now because the rear one leaks at anything over half full so I was just planning on doing a pump in that tank.....however since I use the truck off road some, using only the rear tank could make more sense for ground clearance. Hmmmmm.....thanks for the inspiration! I remember 255lph being a popular size for 5.0 Mustangs, but I don’t recall how much power they were good to. I bet it would do....I’ll just have to verify when the time comes. Thanks for sharing!

I have been thinking of adding a rear tank to my truck for the sole reason of adding weight to the rear. It’s really hard to get a truck balanced right. The best suspension in the world will ride like crap if 70% of the weight it up front
In-lines we trust

86 f150 300 efi with advanced stock cam. Np435, Dana 60/ 10.25, 35" BFG's, four link front suspension with 12" travel fox coil overs, custom deaver leaf pack in the rear.

n8in8or

Post #52 by n8in8or » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Wesman07 wrote:
I have been thinking of adding a rear tank to my truck for the sole reason of adding weight to the rear. It’s really hard to get a truck balanced right. The best suspension in the world will ride like crap if 70% of the weight it up front

Interesting motovation. I’m reading this comment and looking at your signature and I’m intrigued. What do you use your truck for? It sounds cool.
1994 F150 4x4, 4.9 E4OD. EFI turbo build in progress....

Wesman07

Post #53 by Wesman07 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:14 pm

What do you use your truck for?

It is my all purpose fun rig. Dirtbike hauler, wheeler, camping, cross country explorer.
In-lines we trust

86 f150 300 efi with advanced stock cam. Np435, Dana 60/ 10.25, 35" BFG's, four link front suspension with 12" travel fox coil overs, custom deaver leaf pack in the rear.

Asa
Location: Tampa, Tallahassee, Hangin out in some Florida woods somewhere

Post #54 by Asa » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:56 am

Wesman07 wrote:I have been thinking of adding a rear tank to my truck for the sole reason of adding weight to the rear. It’s really hard to get a truck balanced right. The best suspension in the world will ride like crap if 70% of the weight it up front

To be fair, the Twin I-beam suspension, while robust as heck, is far from the best suspension in the world.

Seen the guys that found out that the Crown Vic front end literally bolts into place on the (I think) 1978-ish trucks? I believe there are a couple guys out there welding them into place in the later model trucks.
Right and Wrong are just words, what matters is what you do

Susie - a work in progress
Clyde - ya mule!

Wesman07

Post #55 by Wesman07 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 am

Asa wrote:
Wesman07 wrote:I have been thinking of adding a rear tank to my truck for the sole reason of adding weight to the rear. It’s really hard to get a truck balanced right. The best suspension in the world will ride like crap if 70% of the weight it up front

To be fair, the Twin I-beam suspension, while robust as heck, is far from the best suspension in the world.

Seen the guys that found out that the Crown Vic front end literally bolts into place on the (I think) 1978-ish trucks? I believe there are a couple guys out there welding them into place in the later model trucks.

Don’t get me wrong, that’s not what I was saying.

I have not seen a crown Vic conversion... what type of travel can you get out of it and how do you fit front axels in? Is there another spindle/knuckle combo that fits?
In-lines we trust