Just a little 200 with a turbo (specs, videos, etc)

thatblue_67stang

Im not sure if im known on here yet but i have a 1967 I6 turbo 200. Car is loads of fun. Thought i would share the specs, build process, and some videos. What does everyone think? I know there is alot to improve on so share your thoughts. it works perfectly rn so im not making any drastic changes.

Specs:
Ford 200
Stock cam
stock pistons
stock rods
stock non adjustable rockers
302 valve springs
ARP headstuds
Felpro head gasket
rings gapped (i forget what i gapped it to)
milled of stock log intake
custom made short tube intake manifold
custom log style turbo manifold
Holley 2300 350cfm made to accept boost
Quick Fuel Billet Carburetor Metering Block 34-8QFT
#53 size power valve jets
#70 main jets
ebay (dont hate, if you dont push them they work dreams) turbo 50mm running 5psi going to 10psi
ebay intercooler
MSD 6al-2
MSD boost timing master (pulling 1* per psi just to be safe)
Summit racing HEI distributor (set to 12* initial)
Holley 4-65 psi fuel regulator
Summit electric fuel pump
ebay aluminum radiator
G-Plus Oil cooler

IMAGES OF THE PROCESS
BHDoKGv.jpg

CfyvqgB.jpg

eIRTes4.jpg

hcZTeXm.jpg

h1DWw3P.jpg

r2sU0rF.jpg

mFJAydG.jpg

mTFAvar.jpg

DuB4Soi.jpg

bV1w4ei.jpg

Wsborpy.jpg

udl2qSV.jpg

VIDEO

[bbvideo=560,315]https://vimeo.com/293849460[/bbvideo]

[bbvideo=560,315]https://vimeo.com/293854160[/bbvideo]

That is awesome! Looks well engineered. What octane do you run? Do you know your CR? Very well executed!

gus91326":23tujqp7 said:
That is awesome! Looks well engineered. What octane do you run? Do you know your CR? Very well executed!

I'm running strictly 93. And as for cr I have no idea but its stock compression

Yes good quality build. Really enjoyed the videos and pics,should be inspirational to those considering a turbo.

bmbm40":jtpnk24i said:
Yes good quality build. Really enjoyed the videos and pics,should be inspirational to those considering a turbo.

Thank you feels good to get all this praise. Didnt know I was doing something that alot of people where scared to do. I'm 20 just building my dream car

fakundo__92":3889l79p said:
Very good construction How many horses are you driving you know? (y)

I'm guessing like 125-150 but what really matters is torque. Yah horses means I can go fast but torque means how quick I can get there lol. But this thing is a torque machine rn. Hope to turn it up soon

I suspect your guessing of numbers is wrong unless you are running really low boost. Generally I go by, 15hp per lb. of boost + 20 to get to zero intake manifold pressure. 90hp stock, plus 20hp (just getting intake pressure to 0 psi) plus 15hp x boost psi.. usually comes out close.

fast64ranchero":1bs5aw5v said:
I suspect your guessing of numbers is wrong unless you are running really low boost. Generally I go by, 15hp per lb. of boost + 20 to get to zero intake manifold pressure. 90hp stock, plus 20hp (just getting intake pressure to 0 psi) plus 15hp x boost psi.. usually comes out close.

I'm only running 5psi as of now. And a 200 has 75 hp to the wheels stock. So I'm guessing about 150

Sounds like it is well sorted now, as you increase boost if you have any questions let us know.
PS my milled off intake setup made 444 whp and 501 ft lbs. It was also blow through carb setup a lot like yours is.

fast64ranchero":1m6kscgc said:
Sounds like it is well sorted now, as you increase boost if you have any questions let us know.
PS my milled off intake setup made 444 whp and 501 ft lbs. It was also blow through carb setup a lot like yours is.

WAIT WHAT. youre telling me u made 444 and 501 that would be a dream. how much boost did u run and was it stock internals? if you have a facebook or anyting i would love to chat instead of just messaging back and forth on this

UPDATE:
As of this winter im throwing a 8.8 in with 3.73 gear. im also widebodying it and slappinng some 315s on the rear. then i hope to turn it up to about 10psi. it should be a beast. here is a render of what its going to look like. i am also making my own k member and custom suspension for my car with custom piece i have designed myself to hold a fully adjustable upper control arm to the stock mounting holes

9CYoW0o.jpg

c0lRSLU.jpg
[/quote]

Looks good! I'd just skip right over 10 psi of manifold pressure. Go straight to 15. Just ensure you can pull timing out!

Later,
Will

thatblue_67stang":l5q9urcs said:
fast64ranchero":l5q9urcs said:

WAIT WHAT. youre telling me u made 444 and 501 that would be a dream. how much boost did u run and was it stock internals? if you have a facebook or anyting i would love to chat instead of just messaging back and forth on this

Check out the Dyno room under the tech articles in this forum. There are plenty of people who have made some good power with these engines

Back