Case for the turd head?

Will,

You are running an intercooler right?

390HP was for a 200 motor @ 12 psi.

Substitute a 250 motor with a larger carburetor, and the power jumps up to 455HP & 459TQ. How do you like those numbers?

Hell ya! Then that'll be an 11.33 in the quarter!
Bring on the Argie head! Only problem is that I'll have to redesign our turbo header to fit the head.
Oh well, problems we must endure to go fast!!! :D
Later,
Will

If you do go with an argie head and need somebody to hold on to that turbo setup I will PM ya my home address.. :LOL:

-ron

Does10s":1h97eh68 said:
Hell ya! Then that'll be an 11.33 in the quarter!
Bring on the Argie head! Only problem is that I'll have to redesign our turbo header to fit the head.
Oh well, problems we must endure to go fast!!! :D
Later,
Will
If you use a 2V Aussie head your turbo header should fit....

Mustang Geezer - this is what you get when you turn up the rpm. (y)
Inliner - run these numbers through your analyzer ;) - 8 lbs boost progressing to 15 in high gear (average would be about 12). Car is 300 lbs lighter than stock.
timeslips3.jpg

I love the new Argie cylinder head but I don't think there's 40% there compared to a modified log. This is what I would go with if I was going all out. The restrictions are closer to the valve and not in the ports. I plan on running the log until its just ashes. I did say earlier I had problems with cylinders 2 & 5 scoring the rings. It wasn't like the pistons or spark plugs were melted. If I had not used chromed rings (don't hold up to boosted well) and if I used a separate electric water pump instead of one for the pump and fan - I could have kept the combustion chambers cooler. Had I introduced fuel by way of a direct mounted 2-barrel or multiple carburation effectively shortening the fuel path or MPFI. Had I not run the compressor past its efficiency range excessively heating up the intake air - used Asa-67 stang idea of ceramic coating port divider to keep heat out of the intake manifold. If I could have controlled fuel slosh in the carb, a hard leaving car will suck air through the power valve that they don't make jet extentions for, or turned the hp down 50hp. Any one of these may have prevented the ring problem. The engine is not as wild as some may think. It was designed as a hot streeter. There's a lot of power in a turbo log engine, just treat it as you would a V8 hotrod engine. Don't choke it with too small a carb and turbine housing designed for tire burnouts. For those interested had a set back during 2004, Santa bought me a PT67 turbo and 6 slim line 65 lb injectors that I plan to direct bore close to the valve cover ridge. Looking forward to 2005. Turbo may be a little large but I'll be able to sell it to the Buick guys.

Jim

CRAP!!!!!!!!!! (few mor hundred !!!!"S) thats 1/8th mile time right??? 10s.... in a inline 6??? got any videos or pics or anything? is it a street driving car? whats on the bottom end? what EXACTLY are your running?? Ill start looking at your previous posts to find out anything more... Tommy

Going by the Moroso slide rule, and assuming a race-ready weight of 2500lbs inc driver, 137 mph indicates you are making about 495 Hp!
Get back to us with the weight as raced including driver please.... :shock:

Fingers,

Wet race weight is 2200 lbs. including driver. Car went 139mph when I didn't lift due to car drifting on top end, adding spoiler.

Jim

hasa68mustang,

Not a 66 log, they are a dog - a 74 large log with standard 1.6X intakes with larger 1.5" exhaust valves. I extended the ends of the log with pipe to add more plenum volume to keep air flow from slamming into the end of the log and bouncing back. Don't know if it helped or hurt. I have since installed the 78 1.75" intake valves. Haven't run yet. There is a pic on Fordsixparts. Inline picture gallery, super six. It's the orange painted exhaust manifold.

jim

Back