Building a new motor....

well I started putting together my new EFI motor short block this week.

.010/.010 crank
stock bores pistons and rods with some ARP rod bolts in there.
just a ring and bearing job pretty much (had the crank turned since it was a little iffy looking)

comp 252H cam with a new timing set (might degree it in to see where it sits)

nothing fancy on the shortblock for now. it will be getting my port EFI head later this summer I think once I get it finished up and will put the roller rockers on the car now on this head. should make for a cheap fun combo to play with or the next couple of years.

also FINALLY drilled the holes in my new head flange for the tube header. had the darn thing torched out at work about 3 months ago....spent one month in the back of the mule at work bouncing around and then sat in my living room for a couple months but it is drilled now!!! need to clean up a couple holes and layout the openings for the ports. debating how to do them. I can get them torched at work for cheap or drill with a hogan drill but am leaning to seeing if I can find someone local with a mill that could do them for a few bucks or a case of beer.

well the crank is in and so are teh pistons/rods now. all torqued down ready for the next stage!

the head flange is looking good (need to clean up a hole or two) and might be running it into work the next rainy day to get the bottem edge trimmed up (slotted holes on lower edge so it can be lowered on started bolts)

finally dragged the head back home to clean up welds on and lay another bead or two down on it in a couple spots. it might be getting a date wit a die grinder this weekend to clean up the ports a hair (mostly just to run a sanding roll and minor port work)

took the camera but hands were so covered in assembly lube and oil I didn't wanna gunk it up. I will try and get some pics tomorrow of it if I am not too busy. hopefully I can get this head finished up and off for a rebuild by the 4th of july!!

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

cleaned up the welds on the bungs and that all looks good now.

cleaned up the exhaust ports a little (just 20 mins of work) nothing to big as far as porting mostly just "gasket" matching it.

going to polish up the chambers this week and see about getting a flange of some sort on there for an elbow of some sort I still need to fab up.

have a goal of it out for a valve job and machine work by the 4th of july.

like I said rotating assembly is in and cam and timing set is ready to go just need to stab it in. once I get the fairlane fired back up on the new trans I think I will yank the roller rockers off it and toss on this motor.

well might be another week before I can get back at it too much. I need to get this header flange moving along and the T5 rebuilds. but hopefully I can bounce from project to project

Back