Any custom M-90 cars?

Hodgie1013

Are there any pics of Eaton SC setups on our motors out there? Just curious if anybody in here has any. I really only need some insight on the fabrication work i.e. Pullies, Intake, Base Flange, and Layout under the hood. Also carb jetting and such. I think I'll try a Motorcraft 2100/2150 with 1.21 vents. They're essentially a cheap version of a Holley and flow 360 CFM. I'm planning on doing all of this work myself, and do have access to a fully equipped tool & die shop. I'll post any outsider sites and info I can find. Thanks in advance.

Hodgie

I dont understand why that person did'nt have the blower going into a intercooler than into a pressurized carb say a Holley 350cfm??? Any reasons why its done as a draw through???

I just dont think you'd be getting a consistant fuel flow having a draw through setup?? Am I wrong??

Somebody clarify if they can. I'm not sure what the difference between 8 psi of positive pressure and 8 lbs of vacuum (in Hg or whatever) flowing through a carb is. It's still flowing the same amount of air through the carb.

man that pic looks so sick.
how much custom work exactly is involved in doing that supercharger setup?
worth the effort?
just kinda curious, also one of my first times in this section lol

I shouldn't be in this forum. Wow! Blowers are awesome. That is such a clean looking installation. Now I want to see more.

With that massive pulley that thing probably makes 2psi! what the he$$? Probably less power than stock!

It looks like a 1:1 ratio. It's probably to keep if from slipping with that single belt, there's more surface area for the belt to grip.

5% OD

100_0387.jpg

Stock

Picture006.jpg

stocker makes about 12psi

5% 13.5psi/14psi

IHowdy,

I had originally posted this picture. It was sent to me several years ago. the person who sent it ( don't have the email any more) said he took it at a drag strip in the south. It was on a '65 or '66 Comet. He had no other info.

Sorry.
Dennis Schjeldahl

ps I keep telling my self that I should play around with sticking an M-90 on the side of the 250 block that is sitting in my garage... just seem to have too many other things to get done first.

I hear that! Having too many irons in the fire makes it hard to stay on task. I've got a 250 to play with now instead of my 200. It'll be rebuilt this sping and hopefully I can get all of my support stuff ready to go by then. I decided on a beefed up stock bottom end setup. Stock cast slugs should be able to handle 6 psi. I'm going to open the dish up to 13cc to match the California Emissions pistons and shoot for around 8:1 CR. Maybe cryo treat and coat them. Fully floated pins, polished, and cryo treated rods with ARPs. The crank should be OK the way it is. I doubt this motor will ever see over 5000 RPM. Most of my power should be down low. I'm going to really get into the head. Port & polish, CC, 3 angle job, modified and upgraded valve train. Add a turbo spec cam and put it in front of a T5, and an 8.8 with 3.73s. This thing should really pack a punch in my little blue bomber.[/quote]

Back