Propane setup for turbo usage???

pacer

Has anyone used or thought of using Propane for there turbo setup??? I believe most forklifts use a one barrel carb? I've heard some good things about the usage of propane for turbocharging because of its higher octane and longer burn rate?? I believe AK Miller used to use it?? Just a thought???

Ak Miller invented the propane turbo 250

LPGas250Maverickatdrags.jpg

Cutarticle.jpg

Mail.jpg

These days, an L or E converter, an Impco CA 300 A5 or CA 425 carb, a VFF 30 Lock off and a Classic inlines exhast with a T03/60 turbo.

I never got around to turboing my Falcon 250 X-flow, due to family commitments. Here's the propane parts from Ka Stangs FSP Parking Lot

http://www.kastang.net/fsp/xecute.html

xeHolley2300Version2.jpg

I did my Cologne V6 in 2001, but the engine was very tired. I copied the stock Ak Miller exhast manifold, where you just weld a ductile iron plate on one of the exhast manifolds, and then hooked up an IHI turbo RB5, same as the 2.3 Ford Thunderbird Turbo automatic, but found on plenty of 626 Mazda and Ford Telstar Turbos. Used L series Impco converter, CA 300 A2 carb, ABER Falcon LPG carb to carb adaptor, and used the stock Bosch electronic ignition with Motorcraft controller. It worked at 6 pounds boost , then I got rid of it before I went broke. ;)

011019A14FC.jpg

Copyof011019A25FC.jpg

011019A26FC.jpg

Awesome info greatly appreciated!!!!!! I myself converted a 1977 triumph tr7 to a ford 2.8L V6 and capri drivetrain great little engine!! I knew ak miller did a propane turbo setup at one point but I couldnt find any info on it!!! Thanks

Back