Turbo installed on '67 Falcon

matt1967

Famous Member
I got the turbo bolted in, some clearence issues with the heater hoses ( just have to rotate turbo pipe a bit ) other than that I have to drill and weld my oil pan for the fitting still, and I'm fabbing the exhaust exit pipe tomorrow.

img_0008.jpg

img_0009.jpg
img_0010.jpg

Ok, I got the oil preassure line plumbed, for return, I'm not going to the pan, I'm going to the other side and drilling and tapping the fuel pump blockoff, I'm gonna run the line down and around to that side, should work nicely, using 1/2" copper line. A couple days after I get my cold side pipes installed, and it's ready to fire.

Bort62":54uiaz4d said:
Looks good. You sure that oil drain is going to work that way? I would have to see it.

yup, it's all downhill, should work fine. I know on Turbo V8's they drill and tap the fuel pump blockoff, only there, the blockoff is on the same side as the turbo. but in my case, it's all downhill anyway. only downfall I can think of is the drain pipe will hold a small amount of oil, so oil changes won't get all old oil out

not quite yet. had some oil preassure problems, turned out to be a pushrod had come out of adjustment, and was drowning the top end in oil ( not to mention beating itself flat on top ( have new 1 in arleady ). so I gotta re adjust the valves, and reinstall the carb/ correct valve cover. I won't be able to get to it until sunday$ as I have other things to do tomorrow, and saturday. Intercooler plumbing is what I have left, that and throttle/ trans linkage. couple weeks probably, I'll fire her back up, as a Turbocharged engine 8)

Back