supercharging the 200ci fox bodied LX

pacer

I have a couple of questions. Will the stock motor handle the M90 eaton output? I was planning on intercooling it with a dodge 2.2L TII intercooler. Also is there a dual outlet header that fits on the fox bodied mustang? I am going to have it a blow through sstup with a 350cfm carb mounted on a 2bbl to 1bbl adapter? Any thoughts or ideas??

1. Yes, it should handle the M90's output. Just be rich on the tune and you should be safe.

2. There aren't any dual out headers for the Fox that I know of. There are single outlets that fit.

3. I would forego the adapter and have the 2bbl direct mounted. The procedure is pretty easy according to Bort62, he did it while the engine was still in the car. Or you could have it professionally milled, it's a pretty cheap job. The adapter will likely cause issues.

What would an approximate engine HP/Torque be of this sort of M90 setup? Also is there much of a horsepower difference just using a single output header?

You can boost it but beware that the stock pistons are cast so they are of limited survivability under boost.

In general, and I mean really general, add about 45% horsepower and torque for a boosted system unless it is tuned and tweaked to optimize the system.

Generally you usually need to upgrade to forged pistons, upgraded fuel system, and larger exhaust.

With the cast iron log head you would be hard pressed to push 200hp even with all the improved stuff.

pacer":1bmtfjys said:
What would an approximate engine HP/Torque be of this sort of M90 setup? Also is there much of a horsepower difference just using a single output header?

Probably not a difference using a single vs. dual header. At least not enough to tell without a dyno.

Back