OH MY FREAKIN G%D!!! BEST MUSTANG EVER IMHO!!!!

That engine isn't in use in the States, is it? Just curious, I'm not familiar with any other inline six Ford petrol engines currently in use...

the ausies got all kinds of bad ass inline 6's in the falcon's and ute's and such. I think this year, or at least very soon, is the end of them. Cost less to make a v6, less metal. Even the supra's and GTR's are going v6.

Yeah the decison to make the inline redundant by about 2010 has caused a fair bit of debate here. Some are worried the V6 will not have the same low end power delivery, others that it will herald front wheel drive, jobs, etc. That it has managed to get this far without Detroit overriding it's continued use is an achievement in itself.

The shame is that you guys in the US weren't given the opportunity to experience the Falcon XRT, otherwise I think the engine would have had an extended life.

I want to experience it. I just don't have the funds to get one imported!! if i ever hit the lotto!! or find buried treasure..

I think the 4.0L SOHC V6 is in the 2005 and up Mustangs.

That is indeed a sweet Orange Mustang.

Ford posted a 8.67Billion loss and is now all ablaze about importing European Fords...and no word on importing the Falcon.

Why wont Ford import this? IIRC as of next year it will be on a common chassis and use the corporate V8 and V6.

I say drop the Ford five hun..., er sorry, Taurus and give us the Falcon.

Back