Dyno numbers on my mill'd intake motor

fast64ranchero

OK guys I am stoked :D ran the car on the dyno tonight, I think I'm in a league of my own!!!!!!! 18 lbs and str8 pump gas enjoy I know I am!!!
YellowStone2008237.jpg

0ver 400 ft lbs at 3k rpm!!!!
this pic is an over lay from the first time it was on the dyno

YellowStone2008235.jpg

gotta love boost!!!!! big numbers, pump gas and drivable!!!!![/img]

1978 fairmont, now if that isn't a sleeper to embarrass and harass people with, I just don't know what would be. What an amazing job of putting components together.

I'm sorry I must have missed a class, what are you running in that thing again, 18 pounds of boost! Give me the specs.

Very nice! Good to see I'm not the only turbo crazy person on here!

I guess I'll need to stroke Kelly's motor to keep up! :D

(I already have the crank!) ;)

Congrats!
Now get out there and beat up on some Big Block Chevys!

Will

Will I did that last saturday night, it was fun, the car looks like a beater really makes for a nice sleeper, Had lots of people looking at it and shaking there heads....
82F100 not sure what pics you want, most are already on this forum somewhere
hailey07012.jpg

motor with the TKO 5sp
Christams07062.jpg

if I only could have kept it all under the hood!!!!

YellowStone2008233.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments, I know some of you may question these numbers, and that's ok, I would, I started this project in 2004 or 2005, as some of you may remember, and I had my fair share of problems building it/finding parts, next time I take it to the track or to the dyno I'll get some pics or even a video of it, my name and MPH is posted on our local drag strips web site feel free to look at that
Firebirdracewayonline.com look on the left of the front page for 100mph club my name and mph is posted there (Walt Hooker 120.08mph 1978 Fairmont 200 CI)

I don't think anyone is questioning your #'s dude - everything adds up.

250 CI @ 18 PSI should make that kinda power.

Want to sell me your head/intake after you move on to one of Mike's ?

I'll prob. put the head up for sale when it comes off, that will help pay for the porting on the alum head, it would be better suited to go on a Fox chaissi car, others might need to work on/modify intake/exh to make it fit,
I will say the cam I run and the single plane style intake makes it run crappy at low rpm's, at 10lbs boost the motor was piggy till 3300rpm, now that I'm running 18lbs it runs much better, the whole combo seems to come alive at 2700rpm and drives much better

the motor is 8 to 1 right now will be about 8.5 to 1 with the Alum head, I'm running a standard Felpro head gasket right now and have had no problem with the Felpro, (I did blow a Victor brand gasket right off the bat) I stepped the boost up starting at 10 then 14 and now 18 every thing seems fine so far, I am running the motor at 11.0 air fuel ratio which helps keep things safe, (I know I could have more power if I leaned it up a tad) I'll let you guys know if thing go wrong, but so far so good, I might try some Sonoco 110 fuel and up the boost to 22lbs just to make 500hp to the wheels, I would like to go 130mph in the 1/4 with the thing, just for bragging rights, I'll keep you all updated

Was that at 57 Chevy I spied in you garage? I'm so jealous now...

I'd love to turbo my mustang, but the wife has put a halt on more power in that car. As soon as I can convince her to let me go out and purchase a 65 Falcon, I plan to Turbo MPFI...

But once again...Damn Nice Job! I'm still thoroughly impressed.

Slade

Back