6.7L Cummins Turbos on eBay

Finally got a HE351ve for myself and have been doing a little bit of research on the actuator. Turns out the actuator itself looks to be made by Delphi! I've seen no mention of this yet in any of my Holeset VGT research.

dsl_smtremote2.jpg

http://delphi.com/manufacturers/cv/powertrain/sensors-actuators/smart-remote/

Performance Specifications

Peak torque output Up to 4.0 Nm
Continuous torque output Up to 1.4 Nm
Other peak or continuous torque possible Depending on gear ratio
Resolution 0.28°
Response time <250 ms
Rotation travel 90° or without limits (application dependent)
Operating temperature range -40° C to +110° C at circuit board (higher operating temperatures require liquid cooling)
Communication CAN J1939 or PWM 5 to 95%
Spring forced fail safe Application dependent
Power input 12 V and 24 V

Surely this should take some of the guess work out of coming up with a controller?

How is the twin rear mounted turbo RAM project going?? More pics please!!

I am doing one my self only on a ford truck V8 with twin TOB 305's turbos (AKA 301 trans am turbo's).

I'm still gathering parts for the Ram project. I've got all the basic parts like turbos, scavenge pump, wastegate, air filters and such. Now I just need injectors ($450), SCT tuner ($600), plumbing, plumbing, and more plumbing($?), water to air intercooler kit ($500) and a bunch of other things that I know I'm forgetting. It will be a summer project. I'll keep you updated on how it is going.

I'd like to hear more about your project!

Just a question out of curiosity... do those Trans Am turbos have divided inlet turbine housings?

Back