Went and looked at some turbos today...

Anlushac11

1K+
VIP
A local shop in Indianapolis sells Turbo's and does some in house work so I stopped by to get a price on rebuilding my T3. Rebuild quotes on mine have ranged from $300 to $400 for a stock rebuild of a Mustang SVO unit T3 with .63/.60 A/R.

I wound up looking at the shops used turbo's. They have a T4, IIRC it was a B trim with .50A/R and they had a T3/T4 hybrid, I didnt get A/R's this trip.

What are thoughts on going to a T3/T4 hybrid or a T4B? on ported log head 200 with cam, 8.0:1CR forged pistons, factory forged rods ARP bolts, Blow through Holley 350cfm.

Would like to get close to 300hp/300ft lbs.

Thoughts in what sense of the word? A T3/T4 is going to add some lag and some efficiency at high boost... about what you'd expect. :) Remember that a T4 cold section will usually have a different inlet & outlet size than a T3, so you'll need to do some new plumbing. What's wrong with your current T3? If it's just seals you can replace them at home for not much money - rebuilding a turbo is not difficult at as long as your center section and housings are in good shape. *Plenty* of writeups online about that! However, an SVO T3 is at its ragged edge at 300hp. Even a Super60 is getting to the end of its abilities. If you're looking to get there, I think you'll pretty much have to go with a hybrid or switch turbos altogether. Either that or a really gnarly intercooler and/or water/meth injection.

Back