on the dyno

balldrick

Well i finally saved up the money to get her on the dyno.It had a fuel issue that was driving me crazy and it turns out when i put the fuel tank sealant in it blocked the breather,so it was going ok when full but then run out.I just got a call from them and they say i dont need the bypass valve on this set-up as the blow off will do.so there blanking that of(they would start to pull boost then it would drop off).they have machined the carb hat for a better seal and are going to lock the dissy? so far they got 158hp at rear wheels without blower which is not bad for the old girl. Ill let you know the numbers with blower it should be interesting.[img
390028_190337957727322_100002533574233_386097_1584469711_n.jpg
][/img]

Baldrick,
Mind posting your specs inside the engine, (like cam, compresion, type of lifters?, pistons dished or domed or flat)

that's pretty good for a 250ci (IIRC it's a 250 right?)

Ok this is my cam spec sheet from crow cams-Part No. 63689 L/C 112
Lobe seperation: 112
.050" valve timing
inlet opens:0. B.T.D.C closes:42. A.B.D.C .050"duration. : 222
exhaust opens:48. B.B.D.C closes:2. T.T.D.C .050"duration. : 230
Advertised valve timing
inlet opens:29. B.T.D.C closes:71. A.B.D.C advertised dur. :280
exhaust opens:77. B.B.D.C closes:31. A.T.D.C advertised dur. :289
Inlet lobe lift at T.D.C. on overlap: .053
Inlet lobe lift:.2965. Exhaust lobe lift :.3000
Inlet valve lift:.4448. Exhaust valve lift :.4500
Inlet Rocker ratio: 1.5 (mine are 1.65) Exhaust rocker ratio: 1.5 (1.65)
Hydraulic
I am running the Classic Inlines Alloy Head with oversize valves a mild pocket porting around the valve guides and double valve springs.
Cometic head gasket.
Yellow Terror 1.65 roller rockers.
Classic Inlines 4 barrell manifold.
Barry Grant Mighty Demon 595 blow through carb.
Block is an Aussie 250,with a 46 thou over bore.With rear machined to take EF falcon seal.
Pistons are from a Forged 4.6l rover stroker(dished).
Compression:8.5
95 octane Fuel.
Rods are shot peened and polished Aussie 200 items.
Crank is a twelve counter weight EF falcon item.
Timing gear is from Die-Crest Enginering strait cut gear drive.
Internals balanced.
Dui Dissy also from Classic Inlines.
MSD ignition.
Electic water pump and thermo fan.
Blow through Eaton m90,custom mounts and piping.
Water to air intercooler.
Full manual C4 with 2800 stall.
MPGmustang":fpk2dmz7 said:
Baldrick,
Mind posting your specs inside the engine, (like cam, compresion, type of lifters?, pistons dished or domed or flat)

that's pretty good for a 250ci (IIRC it's a 250 right?)

With the 1.33 loss factor (trans, 225's on the back, 9 inches loose even more) C4's generally have, that 158 corrected is likely to be 211 flywheel horspower before 90 cubes of blower huff. A stock EB XR8 was just 175 hp.

Any supercharged engine is a lot more complicated to tune than just a 4-bbl 250, so hang in there. Its a splendid first start. Detonation forces supercharged car tuners to drink performance increases sparingly like a man just rescued from the Death Valley, the Sahara, or the Nalabour.

(y)

My mate had a two blade Soarer Toyota SC14 Ogura in his formerly 177 flywheel hp NZ spec GM 3800 Port EFI Commodore VN 5-speed, a Rod Hattfield CRS kit which ran off the A/C switch. With one of these 85 cubers it added 30% more power, went up from 140 rear wheel hp to 182 rear wheel hp, or 230 hp at the flywheel. It had no intercooling, and suffered heat soak pretty quickly, but man, when a 2850 pound 16 second car gets another 30%, it does 14.5 second quarters flat.

Your weapon is intercooled, has more cubes, better breathing, and bearing in mind other NA 200 cubers are seeing 175 to 211 rwhp with just a 264 cam,

http://www.classicinlines.com/Dyno2.asp

Even with a lower compression, I see yours cracking the 215 to 265 rwhp mark before the M90 gets let loose, or 285 or more rear wheel hp mit blower.

I remember an intercooled Classic Inlines EFI Bronco doing 275 flywheel hp with 8 psi, and perhaps 325 with 10 psi, it too has an M90, it was Broncitis. Rebuilt with a rods after running one back in 2009
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ner029.jpg
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww17 ... ner027.jpg

Once you get the cam and exhast event degreed, the ignition and carb tuned for best power, I'd be suprised if you don't get in to the 375 flywheel hp mark. A two blade 85 incher heats up way before an M90. But when you do get it tuned, you may find the real problem is that 90 cubic inches of blower might prove to be too small, it heats up when at the top of its cfm. If you drop the DUI and go for EDIS, you could fit an M112 in there, and power would soar in to the 400's.

But any supercharged car will always have bag loads of torque, and sizing a supercharger for 300 hp plus may not be a good idea. I love the way your system is packaged, and the M90 fits perfectly.

thanks for the Info Xctasy.
They rang me yesterday with some bad news.I new the car had a tappet rattle and thought it just needed rocker ajustment(i didnt re-ajust tappets after head gasket swap as i was going to do them when i had tappet cover of to check head bolts) but they say it seems to be ether a lifter or cam wear on number 1.They asked me what oil i ran in it and did i run it in.I told them I ran it in with run in oil and just the one valve spring and its now running valvoline classic oil.(i hpoe it has enough zink in it).Anyway there pulling the head of to have a look.fingers crossed.

Big Sigh of Releaf :) its just a lifter. The one no name product in the hole engine who would of thunk it!

Well seeing as the heads off Ive desided to bight the bullet and get a MLS head gasket made its going to cost $600.00 as its the first one. If anyones interested in one let me know as they will get cheeper the more get ordered.Ill try and get some specs and picks when it shows up.
So it will probably be another 6 to 8 weeks :cry:

Back