Turbo setups?

Mine is 200 with T3 turbo .60/.63, stock Holley 350cfm 2bbl modified for blow through.

Carb is being rebuilt by friend and working on dropping motor in now. Want to get it running forst and tuned before adding turbo.

I run a TE44 turbo off a Buick GN, blow thru with a QuickFuel modded Holley 2300 (500cfm). Im STILL tweakin slowly but surely but have finally made some headway. Last time on the dyno (just for fun, no real tuning) I made 240rwhp/310rwtq and was WAY rich at 9to1. Im putting a new rearend under it and changing the exhaust up then itll be back to the dyno to try and lean it out. Runs awesome and altho the numbers arent much she runs like a raped ape...cant even imagine how itll be when its leaned out!!!
Matt

66Sprint6":2u34sb4h said:
I run a TE44 turbo off a Buick GN, blow thru with a QuickFuel modded Holley 2300 (500cfm). Im STILL tweakin slowly but surely but have finally made some headway. Last time on the dyno (just for fun, no real tuning) I made 240rwhp/310rwtq and was WAY rich at 9to1. Im putting a new rearend under it and changing the exhaust up then itll be back to the dyno to try and lean it out. Runs awesome and altho the numbers arent much she runs like a raped ape...cant even imagine how itll be when its leaned out!!!
Matt
that is just sexy...

I appreciate it!!! Ive had this car FOOOOREEEEEVER and been on FordSix for a while as well, more off and on lately than Ide like but thats life. This car isnt goin anywhere as it was my first car so I plan to build it slowly and surely along the way. Ive actually put better RWHP numbers down on the old motor with smaller turbo, but the new setup is putting ALOT more TQ down. I cant wait to see what she does once I get it leaned out some. Not sure how Im gonna go about doin it tho, she's spot of AFR wise at idle and cruise so Im gonna leave the jets alone, but under WOT and boost she goes super rich. Ill either add timing, boost or figure out a way to back off the fuel some. Either way, Im thinkin she's got quite a bit more in her!
Matt

IIRC your specialty carb has jets you can change, the WOT AFR will be related to main jet size, your cruise will be related to the smaller jets for the power valve and fuel plate. and your idle is related to the screws on the outside of carb for each side, so the idle is easily adjustable.
I'd call up quick fuel and relate to them what you see, I'm sure they will mention one maybe two sizes smaller mains, that might be the trick. the other jets sound spot on for cruise and idle... possible (but I'd caution until tested) a different size for the power valve.. remember just one change then test before the next change. you are very close.

The carb is a 2 barrel so it only has the 2 main jets. The Idle I can get to work with the screws no problem, but the cruise AFR is happy where its at with the jetting the way it is. Im also already runnin 66 jets and we dropped to 64 jets (lowest my kit had) at the dyno. Reason I can get the jets so low is by messing with the vent tube extension. I will work with the length of the extension next time we go to the dyno and see if I cant make it happy that way! Its amazingly picky, a 1/4 inch can make a huge difference in AFR so we might be able to get it closer to happy that way.
Matt

Back