Turbo project 250 - help with Push Rods '?

powerband

2K+
VIP
break-in and run-up of 250 six turbocharger project proceeds two steps forward and a step or stumble back...

> > Assembling the prepped 250 I found the adjustable rockers are at the end of adjuster - screwed OUT to ball end like the pusrods are too long. I can't account for this as the Cyl Head was specifically NOT MILLED to retain 62 cc chambers and I cleaned and blue printed the block. . My machinist (for 40 years) left surface intact after we measured no appreciable warpage/deflection .
Pushrods are FE spec @ 9.350 length and head gasket is modern composite ( @ .040 ) which should make head higher .
>Initial fire up the rockers clattered against the valve cover throwing a scare into me until figgered out' (relieved the baffles in the VC - BFH)

Engine has run fine for over an hour total so far but will probably have set of Pushrods built to center adjusters more typically. Just one of those Ford things' ?.

3rd Attempt: : no F.I.' hardware yet, just proving engine runs stable and healthy. 'Replaced leaky accel pump on the 2300 2Bbl and worked on the more complicated Thermo-Quadrajet rebuilding. After reassembly, the 2300 7448 350 CFM 2Bbl ran great on a 2X1 adapter until carb icing built around the throttle plates and shut it down ! . The quadrajet started and ran questionably but on 4X1 adapter was not close to real-intake FI test .

Working on the high/to and low pressure oil return from the turbo - > what's the deal with oil from block tap, the sensor/guage port = does it need restricting, what about overall oil pressure effect?

'started adding the Turbo setup adapted from Buick 3.8 , it's a Draw-Thru carbureted setup usiing OEM application big 4Bbl and simple turbo routing with home machined adapter , also adding mechanical brackets and vacuum/boost and A/f, oil pressure at turbo and fuel pressure guages . > what is preferred A/F guage bung location, how close to turbo?, AEM says @ 3' -not practical...

have fun

. .

Back