Aussie Speed Shop 2V supercharger intake manifold

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans:

I just stumbled into the Aussie Speed Shop web site, and noticed that they offer a Ford 250 2V cylinder head supercharger manifold that fits a "250 2V" and supports Weiand 142 and 144 positive displacement superchargers:

http://www.aussiespeedshop.com/product/ford-250-2v-supercharger-intake-manifold/

I expect that this was originally designed for Australian crossflow head. This caused me to think of the following questions:

Would the Aussie Speed Shop supercharger manifold fit my CI aluminum head?

Would a Weiand 142 or 144 supercharger fit the CI aluminum manifold?

Thanks
Bob the Builder

That Aussie Speed intake is made to fit the Australian 2V 250 heads not the Cross Flow heads.

1. The C.I. Head is designed or based off the Australian 2V 250 head, so yes it should be able to bolt on to your C.I. Aluminum head.

2. :unsure: Yes the Weiand 144 or 142 or other models of Roots Blowers could in theory fit the C.I. 4V Intake if you built a blower adapter plate or plentum, you also need to incorporate a blow off or burst plate.

Good luck, :nod:

I have brought his first manifold, i know Mark quite well, the manifold in the pics was cast, had the backfire valves fitted. Mark then decided he could improve on the manifold and recast it. So i still have manifold number 1. Its currently being setup with his engine and 2V head for drilling, then post it to me. Thats why i spent so much time attaining a stock height 2V head which i got just over a week ago.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc5 ... intake.jpg

th_AS142BLOWER2vintakeLHS.jpg
th_AS142BLOWER2vintakeRHS.jpg

Azza, no disrespect to you, your efforts and sharing this has been awesome, a true champion.

But...Facebook sux ded kats, if there's a special handshake to seeing pictures, then its just wrong, wrong wrong, there's no way I'd ever glide through the abject crud that I have to go through to see those pictures. I'm okay with Piledriverz and 24 hours at Lemonz, you can hook into them without joining up, or trawling through endless unrelated stuff which keeps going and going and going likr the Eveready Bunny on Acid. Sometimes its a closed shop Facebook stuff. Its a waste of my time, but in the spirit of openess, and I6 performance, here's the links to posts on it. (y) :mrgreen: :nod: :wow: :beer: :D ;) :LOL:

Enjoy.

I'll go and happily suck a thousand Lemonz like the Edsel while everyone else enjoys Facebook.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71038

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

not sure what you mean by all that Xctasy, i have a Facebook group, just on 1900 members, some from here like Doug and Brian, its an easy way for people to chat, as questions and get answers, i talk with Mark from Aussiespeed almost daily. Facebook despite its shortcomings has for my group brought together guys that raced 10 and 11 second aspirated sixes in the mid to late eighties, we all chat, its all a nice way of communicating with each other. And unlike a forum its a constant, i have met and raced with many members, camped out with them, got on the turps. And these are the fastest six cylinder guys in Aus. So its quite healthy for my group page. Mark has recast the manifold pictured i have a few pics of my new manifold, right now he is dummying it with pulleys on his shop 221, visiting the harmonic balancer guy today as the water pump pulley look like a hard one to work out due to size and closeness to balancer. Some of the Weiand parts that come with the chevy kit were to be used but on the dyno have just caused belt slip.

I have over 1800 inline pic’s on my page and incredibly easy to access, its called inspiration, i have many a rare six banger Ford part pictured and shared. Hot Inline Sixes and Vintage, a page for inlines who like racing and all stuff old, like there motors, basic rules, no spam and no bull.

I've only got 2448 pictures, which took me from 2001 to get, 14 years.

So your doing better than me for sure.

With other internet forums, they aren't exclusive one stop shops...I don't think I could cope with upsetting a lot of people all at once....facebook remains an image center, I don't have image, I have rough edges, and don't show all my stuff to everyone. I show about 95%, but the last 5% is work in progress, and not for eveyone.

Hope you absolutely analylate the pavement and have the best fun ever, Azza!

Each to there own!

a bit of an update, the pulleys will be all 6 ribbed design, apparently going gilmer style is a big task, so no back fire valve is needed on the manifold, there is not enough space to fit the valves anyway where they should be fitted. Manifold has been fitted to a 2V head, hasn’t been drilled to suit the supercharger yet. Need a bonded balancer and a dummy up, make sure its all in alignment, drill the manifold and Mark can send me the kit without the charger, i will source that myself, its the most expensive part.

Back