turbing a 240-6

dj65falcon

I am going to turbo my 240-6. I need to know what place sells a turbo cam.. the engine has trw forged piston. Using a 300 carb head. With a fel-pro #1024 head gasket. Its should give me 8:7.1. It will be a street and strip car. If anything else that I am forgeting please ask. Thank for your guys help

My vote is for a custom cam. The only turbo specific grind is made by isky and has a reverse split duration to accommodate high back pressure in an inefficient set up. What's the rpm range and head flow numbers? Rear gear? trans? weight? If you have these any of the cam grinders can give you a very good custom stick for your application. Since your building a 240 you may want to take a look at some turbo 250 (small six) builds. Since your displacement per cylinder is very close and you find a few builds with similar flowing head to yours you can get an idea of what different off the shelf grinds have worked for those guys. My vote is definitely custom though.

Thanks for your input. I will call isky and tell them what I got. Cany wait to see all thia comes together

Back