New to turbo

Hello, I'm curious about blow through set up with a 2-v carb. From my understanding this requires a little bit of "beefing-up" of the carb. Is this true? what needs to be done? etc.

Could anyone give me some literature or a brief introduction to what I need to do to the carburetor?

thanks guys!

BenLMoody":2qmlit79 said:
Hello, I'm curious about blow through set up with a 2-v carb. From my understanding this requires a little bit of "beefing-up" of the carb. Is this true? what needs to be done? etc. Could anyone give me some literature or a brief introduction to what I need to do to the carburetor? thanks guys!

With a blow-thru setup, the carb doesn't need to be huge, but with the transition from hi-vacuum to boost-pressure the carb needs to have the power valve referenced to other than intake vacuum. Other than that, the carb needs a solid float and the sealing of vents and shafts to not 'leak' explosive fuel/air... OR, you can put the carb in a pressurized box like Mcullough and Paxton and it always sees equal pressure and needs less mods.

The other half of blo-thru carbed turbo is needing constant boost-referenced fuel pressure as carb's internal pressure rises under boost.

have fun

early prototype 5200 2bbl carb 'box' setup :

Back