Ford 240 inline six supercharge build.

Toyboytoh":ymxa0ti4 said:
So basically I need a ds2

I would think any centrifugal advance distributor could probably be limited in it's advance . The DS-II is a known simple mod and may even already have a boost-friendly setting available. The Duraspark DS-II works with stock Ford Duraspark ignition trigger box or a simple GM HEI ignition trigger setup:

have fun

Okay so update. I got the truck at idle and running right now. Just testing it a bit making sure its all spinning nicely and that there's no leaks. I just bought an MSD ignition box 6AL with 2step launch control which is pretty cool to me. And ya. I'm gonna take a video of it tonight and post it on YouTube I guess. I'll throw the link on here when that happens. But ya there's still more work to this to get it tuned right. So more updates to come. I also have some better photos of the build on my Google drive if you are curious.

Added a BBCode 'facebookpost' that can handle these.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/robbie.moisan/videos/10153370221636080[/facebookpost]

We need a couple doses of Awsomeness through the winter! Keep em' coming! :beer:

Thanks!

This thing is so fucking much fun to drive. Excuse my language but I'm having a blast. I'll get a buddy to take a video of me giving it on the road soon.

Sounds like you are having way too much fun! LOL

How much boost are you running at WOT?

About 8.8 psi, people keep giving me funny looks and asking what the hell I have in this little truck. Popped the hood for like ten people now, even a whole mechanics shop came out to see the motor. Did a fat burn out yesterday by shell. Couldn't see the gas station after I left haha. Also figured out unintentionally that the truck can drift.
BUUUT I've got blow-by I'm thinking a rebuild is in the looks for this upcoming winter.

Hey there, got a 240 in an econoline van i'm working on. it's getting an EFI head/manifold, what supercharger did you use? and is that being powered off a jackshaft? Thanks in advance for any info!

Back