Supercharger vs Turbo - differences?

powerband

2K+
VIP
Now that the turbo 250 setup is off the engine test stand and in a car and while the weather stops any road testing of the turbo project, there is a Vortech V2 Supercharger on loan in the shop to think about . 'Have no info on SC but seems tight and free, believe it was used to blow up a 302 F150.

I had mocked up a roots type Draw-Thru M90 SC but went with turbo'ing the 250 . The grooved belt drive stumped me (unlike the idler drive nicely fabbed by Toyboytoh on other thread).

Interested in what will be needed to make the mockup of the Vortech Blow-Thru / Holley 2300 2bbl actually work with reasonable fabbing and parts costs.

Vortech mockup:

. . ..

My plan to drive it is to weld a SBF 4 bolt balancer accessory drive pulley onto the 250's 3 bolt accessory drive pulley. The SBF pulley doesn't fit in the 250's balancer or I could re-drill so need to weld it on backwards .
. .

info and ideas appreciated, anecdotes not so much...

have fun

Is this more just to see how decent the set up works? The more efficient turbo set up will just about always make more power.

deere114":1k1julms said:
Is this more just to see how decent the set up works? The more efficient turbo set up will just about always make more power.

The 2300 is my favorite performance carb NA , I have interest in building a Holley 2300 carburetor blow-thru forced induction setup and the supercharger showed up at right time. Modifying a 2300 as per "Hangar18 Mods" , forum assistance and some 2300 experience is first step. A blow-thru turbo setup may be next step. I learned a little about a carb'd turbo on the small block six, not too much info on SC's.

have fun

Back