Early 200 turbo build: HELP!

I've scanned all of not most of the topics on this page and have seen that everyone builds the late model 200 Ci but not the early gen like mine. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head about how to turbo my car but they all come down to where to find the parts because of the casted head/intake of the 65 200 Ci. Would a later model 200 head and intake fit on my motor or no because I was planning to send it out to get it rebuilt (even though it already runs… we think better safe than sorry) from Clifford performance and then try to make a turbo setup for it after I get it back. Any and all help will be much appreciated and I hope you guys can help a new guy out

I am currently building a turbo 200, using a '66 model year block (made in '65), there is not much difference between '65 and later blocks, except the bell housing patterns. If you have a very early 4-Main 200(pre '65), I would think twice before trying to turbo it, as the bottom end won't be up to it.

As for heads, they all will fit, but you won't likely find a 2v OZ head, and I do not believe there are any more CI aluminum heads, so it will be a cast in LOG head regardless. a '65 is the small log, and it won't flow as well, but it could be used, a later 200/250 head with the 1.75" carb inlet and larger log would be a good upgrade (I hear '78 on are best), i am using a '69 M-code head, which is a med-large log, with the large inlet.

Back