Options for fuel supply under boost?.

powerband

2K+
VIP
The parallel to my Draw-Thu Turbo project is a Blow-Thru SC project for the 250. It is close to ready to fire up and intend to eventually put it in a Maverick.
Looking for simple'st options if return line is needed for using original tank or is new fuel cell simpler?.

The Maverick has a charcoal canister return line to tank for vent - maybe could use?.

How did you boost reference - Pump / regulator / lines etc ...

For @ 10 lbs boost can I just use a 15 lb capable non-return pump with a boost ref'd regulator?.

thanks

... also I'm stumped how to fuel it up on the test - stand , usually used a gravity feed, would carb bowl blow-back into fuel tank?..

. .

@powerband,

For the test stand setup, could you pressurize a fuel container using an air compressor and a precise regulator? Just enough pressure to keep fuel from blowing back into the tank.

Thanks
Bob

Inline fuel pump for EFI with 20 psi rating will push the fuel.

Quality boost referenced pressure regulator

The simplest bet would be to run a mechanical pump and boost reference it to the carb hat. It should be good to 12 psi at least. (y)

Thanks for the input,

I purchased and plan on implementing a 40PSI/50GPH TB FP with a Aeromotive 13301 Bypass regulator set to the 6PSI the Holley 2300 uses. The 'deadhead' (non-return) setup probably would be sufficient but I plan on installing a 3/8 return line to tank and use the existing supply line with the electric FP by tank after . I am using the mechanical FP blockoff for the oil return from the SC.

The TurboForum blow-hards think it's funny I'm only looking for @ 200 RWHP when their usually thinking 3 or 4 times that as 'sufficient".

Advice appreciated from anyone using a similar FI fuel supply setup--- TB 40 PSI Fuel Pump with Aeromotive 13301-bypass 3-20 PSI - Boost Ref'd regulator. ..

This week I completed the Maverick engine compartment spray-on 'tar undercoat' removal and repaint on the Maverick and received the Holley 2300 parts for the blo-thru mods. The sprayed on oily tar undercoat removal was the worst task on any car I can remember!. Some PO sprayed the living Sh%^ on everything and any work under hood got disgusting sticky black mess all over me and anything I was working on, bleahhh. (my wife wasn't happy when some tar-s%&t wound up in our house also... ) .

PS I have a spare fuel tank I planned on modding for the Maverick bypass return line, then a forum member advised me they simply piped the return into the fuel filler neck - simple and functional.

have fun

Back