Tri- power 200 on nitrous, weber 34

Im starting to gather up the parts to build my nitrous setup for my tri-power engine and was trying to figure out where to put the foggers. at first, i was going to try to install them into the carburetor spacers, but It looks like they might not fit. I found this vid of someone who drilled into his carb and mounted a fogger, that gave me the idea of drilling a hole in each of my weber carbs to mount the nozzles, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WypoTDpdAmc

Im thinking of mounting the foggers in this area, it looks like it would be where the choke would be on a weber 34 ich
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I was told bY Falcon sedan Delivery that this is not a good idea, so im going to try to find somewhere else to mount the nozzles under the carbs. the center carb adapter has a threaded hole, ill see if i can fit a nozzle there.

Would love to see how much your setup wakes up on the spray!!! Could you drill and tap the log for the setup?

Matt

66Sprint6":1mny1bu9 said:
Would love to see how much your setup wakes up on the spray!!! Could you drill and tap the log for the setup?

Matt

I was going to recommend the same approach.

Is there room to raise the carbs higher for a spacer plate under the carbs that is thick enough for the fogger nozzles?

pmuller9":2eczxcwt said:
Is there room to raise the carbs higher for a spacer plate under the carbs that is thick enough for the fogger nozzles?

This is likely the best way, as injecting direct into the log, may cause un-even distribution.

If you were to do direct port injection you would drill and tap the intake runners, not the manifold log. At least that's how I've always seen that approach done.

the nitrous system works! it really woke the engine up! I'm currently running 20,24 jets to supposedly get 45 hp, now i want to take it up to a 65hp shot, what would be the jetting? all of the charts that i have looked at were only for 1 fogger to 1 cylinder, would the same jets give around the same output for 1 fogger to 2 cylinders? i'm guessing it would be somewhere around half?

64 200 ranchero":3plz7bgy said:
the nitrous system works! it really woke the engine up! I'm currently running 20,24 jets to supposedly get 45 hp, now i want to take it up to a 65hp shot, what would be the jetting? all of the charts that i have looked at were only for 1 fogger to 1 cylinder, would the same jets give around the same output for 1 fogger to 2 cylinders? i'm guessing it would be somewhere around half?
Each fogger is adding power based on the amount of nitrous and gas it is injecting
The number of cylinders using the nitrous mixture doesn't matter as far as the total engine power gained.
If each injector is adding say 20 hp, each of the two cylinders would be using 10 hp worth of nitrous but that doesn't matter for nitrous jetting changes.
It is simply a matter of how much nitrous is being injected into the engine no matter how many cylinders there are.
Does this answer your question? or did I miss something?

I think it is very cool that the system is working! pun intended.
Nice Job!

So the engine is up to a 90hp shot, this thing is fast now! I'm a little worried about my cast pistons though, so I will be searching for hyp or forged pistons. I'm currently using moly rings, but some people have said that chrome rings are better for nitrous use.

You can get a nice set of custom forged pistions from Autotech at a reasonable price. You can also choose the ring size you want so you can go to the the newer tech low drag metric type rings (lower friction) to free up some more power. It's my understanding that with a nitrous motor you need to open up the ring gaps some too. Good luck :nod:

When I did the research in 1998, the magic safe boost in a car with good excess gasoline distribution, was 1.47 times your stock power rating, or 47%.

Assuming you have 180 hp net unboosted now, 90 hp extra is 270 hp. 270/180 HP, which is 50%.

Its absoluetly time to stop now. You don't wanna split the atol by cracking the atom anymore.

Stock, via one barrel of 1.75" hole, 135 is about where you do terminal damage, 175 hp shot, certain death.

ci/images/Tech_images/pages/BBLB/page3_JPG.html

You can run any kind of hypereutectic or forged piston, and clearance it to suit the rpm and power levels.

The Tempo Silverlite won't take a pounding without cracking...15 years of message board feedback.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76675&p=590161#p590161
xctasy":10e356vr said:
ci/74Maverick.html

1-bbl Chrysler K car carb...with Extra injectors, nitrous and 135 hp shot of giggle gas...on a plan wrapper 200 T-code.

hrdp_0711_05_z-1970_ford_maverick-phase_two_efi_setup.jpg

page2.jpg

Back