Draw through turbo?

85FordI6Wyoming

I've got an 85 f150 300 i6 and I've been thinking it would be pretty cool to turbo this thing. I've been looking at draw through turbo setups that AKmiller used to produce for the 300 straight 6 but it doesn't look like those kits are available anymore. I was wondering what the downsides of this kind of setup would be. It seems to me that it would be perfect because you wouldn't have a lot of carb issues and it would be easy to install and tune. Anyway does anyone know if its a practical setup for daily use? And pros and cons?

85FordI6Wyoming":1f2vd115 said:
I've got an 85 f150 300 i6 and I've been thinking it would be pretty cool to turbo this thing. I've been looking at draw through turbo setups that AKmiller used to produce for the 300 straight 6 but it doesn't look like those kits are available anymore. I was wondering what the downsides of this kind of setup would be. It seems to me that it would be perfect because you wouldn't have a lot of carb issues and it would be easy to install and tune. Anyway does anyone know if its a practical setup for daily use? And pros and cons?
At this point, very few draw through setups are built, as they have some issues... Blow thru is the way to go, really...

RichCreations":2rjvqxav said:
85FordI6Wyoming":2rjvqxav said:
At this point, very few draw through setups are built, as they have some issues... Blow thru is the way to go, really...

X2 (y) I ran a AK Miller draw-through that I brought from him 42 years ago for a 200, but there are better ways now.

Back