1994 F150 computer

Drewu223

Hello all, I am in need of help with my truck. I need to get a new ECU, but when I took mine out to look inside of it I put it back in the garage, not the truck. When I moved out of state for college my dad cleaned out the garage and apparently moved or threw out the computer, so I don't have the code to but the correct one. I can get the VIN number, but it is a 1994 F150 4x4 XL with the 300 4.9l I6, M50D manual transmission and manual transfer case. I either plan to get a new stock one, or save up and get megasquirt. I haven't messed with standalone ECUs yet but it doesn't seem too hard. The company sells the 60 pin EEC-IV adapter to plug into the factory wiring harness. The only reason megasquirt is an option for me is because I want to run small twin turbos and larger injectors, and I would need megasquirt to be able to tune everything. I'm not in a huge hurry to get the truck running but it would be nice to get everything figured out soon.

From my experience, I've done a twin turbo build and if the engine has high miles a rebuild is recommended. I can't say much about megasquirt.
I built a megasquirt to plug into the factory harness but I never followed through with the efi part of my build. I ended up selling it.
Good luck with your twin turbo!

Yeah mine has about 185k miles, so I'll probably rebuild it and built it up a little to withstand boost pressure

You may find a calibration code on one of the door jams (driver's A pillar, I think). You can use that to get the correct PCM.

Back