Bigger carbs with Blow Thru FI ?

powerband

2K+
VIP
>> Interested in experiences 'setting up' larger CFM carbs on small sixes especially with forced induction.

Conventional wisdom says adding a blow through setup doesn't need a much bigger carburetor , just more fuel under boost. Available off-shelf blow throughs' (CCS, QF.BG,...) are typically big 4Bbl's @ 650cfm and up and not suitable for small six blo-thru's (although CI head used 4bbl manifold NA).

My current forced induction project is Ford 250 six with Holley 2Bbl 2300- 7448 series 350 CFM carbs' modified for blow through operation. The 350cfm 2300 are popular performance carbs for modification and parts are readily available. The 2300-4412 is the 500cfm version of the 2Bbl I plan on next modifying for Blow-Through.

have fun

I am building a 250 , race only 6, turbocharged on E-85. Will be using a 4412 E-85 carb. How well does your blow thru work and about sealing the carb?

... 7448 blo-thru SC' setup works good on stock 250. Head is freshened D6DE with 302 springs, ARP bolts, Composite Gskt and original @ 62cc chambers for a SCR @ 8:1. Next looking at forged pistons, suitable cam along with the 500 CFM mod'd carb and complement host car upgrades.

Sealing up the 2300's (7448 / 4412) has a few options I'm implementing , latest mods are O-ringed & welded throttle shaft, external Power Valve port and carb hat boost ref' port. Choke stack is milled and smoothed with epoxy filler along with the pump shooters. Don't recommend driving forced induction projects out of the garage without an AFR gauge and maybe Pre and Post carb boost gauges.

Previous had a working Buick Draw Through turbo (Quadrajet 850) setup from a V6 but currently working with a Vortech V2 Supercharger that became available to me.

have fun

Back