do i need larger bov?

dj65falcon

Ok. I have a greddy 35 mm bov. My supercharger run 7 psi. When i get on it.and let off. it come out the filter on the supercharger more than the bov. So do i need a larger bov ?

In your previous posts the boost was not more than 4 psi at 6000 rpm with a 5" pulley.
Have you changed something that is allowing you to get 7 psi now?

sorry. No nothing has change. Still has the 5"pulley.and it still put out 4 psi. I should have word it different. I was at a car show on sat.i told a guy that when i let off the gas. The air comes out the supercharger filter and the bov.and it has a intercooler on it. He tells me that it should not not happen like that. He said i need a 50mm bov. But i dont think it hurting Anything. There is no surge when i do. So what do you guys think? This is all new to me on this supercharger. So it a learning curve

My thoughts are:
When you rev the engine the intercooler is pumped with air pressure.
Because you are in park the engine and supercharger rpm comes down very quickly, the supercharger quits pumping allowing the intercooler to discharge through both the supercharger and BOV.

When you are driving down the road and let off, the engine rpm stays up and the super charger continues to pump forcing all the air to discharge out the BOV.

You can temporarily move the boost gauge line to a point between the supercharger and intercooler to see if there are any spikes in pressure when you let off.

Back