need idea on new pulley set up on my supercharger

dj65falcon

I have a 300 in my falcon wagon. It has a paxton novi gss. I was planning on running 2 belts on the sc. The harmonic balancer has three pulleys on it the first one and the second one are different sizes. I'm using the middle one to run the supercharger. Middle belt us 3/8 wide. And the front on is 7/16...with both belt different sizes. I cant use the idler tensioner to push both down. I do have a wider tensioner pulley. I tried using both belts tighten the middle one. But the front is sloppy loose. I friend told me to run cog belts. But i have no way to do that.very tight engine compart. So if any of you guy have a idea what i can do to run both belts. I would appreciated.thanks dj20170709_111048.jpg

You'll have different ratios if the belts are different widths because they fit deeper into the sc groove shortening the radius. Have your balancer middle groove machined to match the front one.

For other ideas, I finally figured a way to run a serpentine drive belt on my Vortech SC / 250 in a 74 Maverick.

On the 250's accessory PS pump removable pulley, I welded a small block serpentine pulley. It simplified the drivebelt alignment and can use any flat tensioner.

haheve fun

Thanks for your idea. It gave me one too. You know they have a serpentine balancer for the 300. So why dont i put a v grove in the back to run my waterpump and alternater. And use the serpentine for my sc. I think it can work

Back