1987 f150 300ci

Hey I am newer to truck scene and I was wondering on if I could get some advice on building my 300ci motor I would like to turbo it or maybe twin turbo but I was wonder what are are some good parts and what should I do to achieve this. Thanks in advance

Need to know what type of power you need.
Do you need a lot of low end torque for towing or upper rpm power for hot rodding or maybe something in between?

What Year is the engine?

Do you have engine building experience?

I'm assuming that the engine has the stock EFI system.
The minimum would be forged pistons, aftermarket EFI system with larger injectors, turbocharger and intercooler.
A camshaft with higher valve lift is recommended.

The biggest part of the job is placing the turbocharger in a location and getting all the piping to it.

Example: If there is room between the intake manifold and inner fender (or over the inner fender), the two exhaust pipes could turn upward to the turbo flange and the turbo exhaust pipe could exit back down and out the normal route.
The compressor inlet would face forward for a cold air intake with air filter and the outlet would be turned for routing to the intercooler which sits in front of the radiator.
The intercooler outlet would route to the stock throttle body on the intake manifold.

Back