Turbo 170 or 200 six

falcon_master

This is a copy of my post in another forum so I'm posting it on the right one

Hi everyone. I hope your all having a great December so far. So as usual I was sitting around thinking about ways to increase power out of a small six. And then I thought well why can't I turbo it. Using either one of those centrifugal supercharger or a actual turbo. But I was thinking if it was practical it would be done more often. So my question is what kind of things would I need to do to make it boost ready. Is it possible to keep stock carb and ignition. Probably not because it's not set for boost pressure or to handle the extra fuel. If possible can I keep the stock intake because my idea is the extra pressure will make up for the fact on how poor flowing it is by shoving air into it. Thanks everyone

The 1965 and later 200s have 7 main bearings and would be a stronger engine block for turbocharging.
The 7 main 200 can be identified by the five freeze plugs in the block.

Do you have one available?

falcon_master":18xeas8g said:
This is a copy of my post in another forum so I'm posting it on the right one

Hi everyone. I hope your all having a great December so far. So as usual I was sitting around thinking about ways to increase power out of a small six. And then I thought well why can't I turbo it. Using either one of those centrifugal supercharger or a actual turbo. But I was thinking if it was practical it would be done more often.

So my question is what kind of things would I need to do to make it boost ready. Is it possible to keep stock carb and ignition. Probably not because it's not set for boost pressure or to handle the extra fuel.

1. The stock LOM type carb and Distribitor wouldn't be so easy to work with on a Trubo or Suppercharged aplacation, in my opion you would not to upgrade them to atleast the later model units like 1968 up.

If possible can I keep the stock intake because my idea is the extra pressure will make up for the fact on how poor flowing it is by shoving air into it. Thanks everyone

2. Yes you could use the stock head and intake! For some more info search and check out "First Foxe's" build (see below link for a start) with a stock short block though the pistions are going to be one of the weak points. Good luck :nod:

viewtopic.php?t=66675

Back