NEED HELP FINDING CARB

thatblue_67stang

hello, as i am typing this my brain is slowly melting inside my head. i have been looking for a carb for about 2 weeks and cannot find one. i plan on getting a holley with 2 metering blocks, mechanical secondary, and 450cfm. I am turboing my 1967 ford mustang 200 l6 and doing it on a budget. i cannot find a carb that meets the requirements, so im posting on here hoping someone has a carb that will meet my needs whether it be blow thru ready or not. or if anyone can help or guide me in the right direction. i have look on every page on ebay already haha

you may want to consider a 2Bbl version of a standard Holley type 4Bbl. The 7448 and 4412 - 350/500 CFM versions of the Holley 2300 2Bbl series are widely available , use same 'universal' internals and are well suited to blow-thru or draw-thru 'Hangar18" adaptations.

additionally, blow-thru setups vs NA will likely tune easier with smaller CFM parameters.

have fun

Blow-Thru 2300 7448 , latest mods are O-ringed & welded throttle shaft, external Power Valve port and carb hat boost ref' port. Choke stack is milled and smoothed with epoxy filler along with the pump shooters, vent extensions into charge pipe. Don't recommend driving forced induction projects out of the garage without an AFR gauge and maybe Pre and Post carb boost gauges.

powerband":2cyo0zxb said:
you may want to consider a 2Bbl version of a standard Holley type 4Bbl. The 7448 and 4412 - 350/500 CFM versions of the Holley 2300 2Bbl series are widely available , use same 'universal' internals and are well suited to blow-thru or draw-thru 'Hangar18" adaptations.

additionally, blow-thru setups vs NA will likely tune easier with smaller CFM parameters.

have fun

Blow-Thru 2300 7448 , latest mods are O-ringed & welded throttle shaft, external Power Valve port and carb hat boost ref' port. Choke stack is milled and smoothed with epoxy filler along with the pump shooters, vent extensions into charge pipe. Don't recommend driving forced induction projects out of the garage without an AFR gauge and maybe Pre and Post carb boost gauges.

X2 (y)

powerband":usvpt707 said:

have fun

wont a 4 bbl work better because of the secondaries kicking in during full boost, i plan on running 10-15 psi

powerband":1rfdugwa said:

have fun

yes i also have a boost and a afr gauge

thatblue_67stang":3207uigz said:
wont a 4 bbl work better because of the secondaries kicking in during full boost, i plan on running 10-15 psi
On a draw thru system Yes, the more boost you run the larger the carb.
Not on a blow thru carb system. The carb shouldn't be any larger than what is needed for the same engine naturally aspirated.
The airflow is not increased going through the carb, the air density is increased.

Also the 2bbl carb is a lot easier to prep for boost and is easier to tune than the 4 bbl.

pmuller9":128ekn8b said:
thatblue_67stang":128ekn8b said:
Not on a blow thru carb system. The carb shouldn't be any larger than what is needed for the same engine naturally aspirated.
The airflow is not increased going through the carb, the air density is increased.

Typical Draw-Thru forced induction does need huge CFM increases as boost (Vac) builds . This was apparent in earlier project which used a BOP (Buick) derived turbo setup matched to a specifically designed Thermo-Quadrajet 4bbl, external power valve control and unique jetting was part of the equation... . The fairly small Buick V6 CID of 231cubes was spec'd out at requiring 850 CFM while at WOT spooled vacuum draw. Using a more typical big 4Bbl would result in lean conditions in boost and overly-rich when not spooled.

have fun

Current 250cid/SC blow-thru project has better AFR control with modified 350 2bbl than initial 500 cfm version.

Back