Turbo 200 build

thatblue_67stang

Hello, some of you may know me as the 19 year old who is turboing his 1967 mustang. Everything is going great just thought I would post some pics. also if anyone want to follow the build more closely my i have an instagram just for it @thatblue_67stang

20180108_171536.jpgIMG_20180110_193512_341.jpgIMG_20180111_181049_289.jpgIMG_20180112_235736_892.jpg20180113_125849.jpg20180113_135436.jpgIMG953146.jpgIMG_20180114_162111_577.jpg20180108_180348.jpginstasize_171231174058.png

I've been checking out your build - since you cut the log off are you also going to port the heads? What are your plans for exhaust -are you going to fabricate a header to go with the intake?

67Straightsix":1hhwphm6 said:
I've been checking out your build - since you cut the log off are you also going to port the heads? What are your plans for exhaust -are you going to fabricate a header to go with the intake?

I have ported the head and a turbo manifold has already been made.

Attachments

• 20180121_153135.jpg
    20180121_153135.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 177
Another Forced Induction fan very interested in what you find you can share ...

The Holley 2300 (7448?) mod' carb looks good, ,with the Supercharged 250 Maverick, I need an extension on the fuel bowl vent into charge pipe @ 4". The engine would build boost and then lose power cyclically without the extension, . I simply bent a brake line that fit (3/8' ?) replacing the short original vertical vent . I did have to cut down the vent tower a little to fit bent tube under the hat.

Crankcase venting under boost is a concern, currently 250/SC uses two breathers from VC and one vent/breather from mechanical fuel pump blockoff plate port, i plan on joining them into a catch can setup.

What setup are you using for fuel supply and boost reference?

first version used draw-through turbo with big quadrajet sticking thru hood with GT scoop raised way up. Ran pretty good but blew piston lands off at @ 15 pounds of boost .

:beer: Nice work on the head chop and intake what pistions are you using in your build? Good luck (y) :nod:

powerband":24dqsl6i said:
Another Forced Induction fan very interested in what you find you can share ...

The Holley 2300 (7448?) mod' carb looks good, ,with the Supercharged 250 Maverick, I need an extension on the fuel bowl vent into charge pipe @ 4". The engine would build boost and then lose power cyclically without the extension, . I simply bent a brake line that fit (3/8' ?) replacing the short original vertical vent . I did have to cut down the vent tower a little to fit bent tube under the hat.

Crankcase venting under boost is a concern, currently 250/SC uses two breathers from VC and one vent/breather from mechanical fuel pump blockoff plate port, i plan on joining them into a catch can setup.

What setup are you using for fuel supply and boost reference?

first version used draw-through turbo with big quadrajet sticking thru hood with GT scoop raised way up. Ran pretty good but blew piston lands off at @ 15 pounds of boost .

well for fuel supply i went for a 45 psi eletric fuel pump fueling an ebay turbo fuel pressure regulator. and for pistons i have in there are just oem. hoping they wont melt under the 15psi i hope to put it through. and do you know exactly what caused the engine to blow at 15psi

... for fuel supply i went for a 45 psi eletric fuel pump fueling an ebay turbo fuel pressure regulator. and for pistons i have in there are just oem. hoping they wont melt under the 15psi i hope to put it through. and do you know exactly what caused the engine to blow at 15psi

I used the tired original 250 engine as a fit-test bed for draw-thru turbo (BOP derived), ran pretty good but at boost would start venting blue haze thru VC breathers. As I kept upping the boost I got significantly more power and a lot more blowby. When I reached and sustained @ 15 Lbs of boost it lost power and emitted a thick blue haze. Upon teardown, I found two pistons with bottom sealing ring lands cracked off. Current Vortech V2 supercharged 250 is freshened, ARP head bolts, better vented, still OEM pistons at @ 8.7:1 SCR and uses a XSTurbo blow off valve on charge pipe 'washered' to @ 7-10 lbs boost. Still shopping for affordable forged pistons before upping boost.

Similar fuel setup with electric pump at tank and Aeromotive regulator boost referenced to carb hat. PITA was adding 3/8 return from regulator back into tank. I added input port to the tank filler pipe in the trunk.

have fun

powerband":1k5iishd said:
... for fuel supply i went for a 45 psi eletric fuel pump fueling an ebay turbo fuel pressure regulator. and for pistons i have in there are just oem. hoping they wont melt under the 15psi i hope to put it through. and do you know exactly what caused the engine to blow at 15psi

I used the tired original 250 engine as a fit-test bed for draw-thru turbo (BOP derived), ran pretty good but at boost would start venting blue haze thru VC breathers. As I kept upping the boost I got significantly more power and a lot more blowby. When I reached and sustained @ 15 Lbs of boost it lost power and emitted a thick blue haze. Upon teardown, I found two pistons with bottom sealing ring lands cracked off. Current Vortech V2 supercharged 250 is freshened, ARP head bolts, better vented, still OEM pistons at @ 8.7:1 SCR and uses a XSTurbo blow off valve on charge pipe 'washered' to @ 7-10 lbs boost. Still shopping for affordable forged pistons before upping boost.

Similar fuel setup with electric pump at tank and Aeromotive regulator boost referenced to carb hat. PITA was adding 3/8 return from regulator back into tank. I added input port to the tank filler pipe in the trunk.

have fun

If you ever find forged pistons tell me haha. Also if you ran a intercooler you could have survived that 15psi and prevented that detonation. That's why I'm hoping that my car can survive 15psi

Back