What cam with a supercharger

dj65falcon

I am looking for a recommendation on a camshaft. I a have a 300 with a paxton novi gss with 7 psi. What cam company do you guys like?

djfalcon10":bxfzx6qy said:
I am looking for a recommendation on a camshaft. I a have a 300 with a paxton novi gss with 7 psi. What cam company do you guys like?
Head work?
Compression ratio?
Headers?

The last cam was a Comp solid lifter, Duration @.050 256*/256*, advertised Dur.290*/294*

You are still going to need a long advertised intake duration (290* or more) because of the 9.5:1 static compression ratio but the .050" duration should be less.
The tune-up for both air fuel ratio and ignition timing would be much easier to dial in and make more power with less compression.
I'm assuming pump gas?

Something around 236* .050" duration with a 112* LSA would put peak torque (without boost) in the 3600 to 3800 range.
The 112* LSA is for low boost application and it also wouldn't hurt if the exhaust duration was a few degrees more than the intake duration.
If you use a hydraulic lifter cam the advertised duration can be over 290* with the shorter .050" duration.
Keep valve lifts in the .550" range.

Use a 3500 stall converter.

I like working with Crower Cams.
They have given us the best service plus they have thousands of master lobes to work with.

Is the supercharger still geared for 7 psi at 6000 rpm?

Yes it is. Got a new set of custom forged blower pistons from ross. It will be 9.5:1. Others have said to go to clay smith cams. just want to see what supercharger/turbo guys cams they like to go with.

Its a street car. But i take it to the drag strip twice a year. Got a new cam for it. From clay smith cams. The spec on it follows
.575/.575 lift
306/306 dur
264@.050
107/113 cl
Now waiting on the balancing on my motor to be done

Yes . And it sounds sweet. Got it running about 2 months ago. I will try to post a video on here in a little bit

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1543284223983.jpg
    FB_IMG_1543284223983.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 71
I love superchargers.
they make all kinda sense.
but,
if an engine never sees 6000 rpm.
I won't get full boost unless i regear it.
but can they work for low rpm?
I aint so sure..

my dear old daddy, put a Paxton of some kind on, now get this, a viper engine that he had stuffed into a 57 chev.
said it put him in the 700 hp range.
I have never ridden with him, the man is a menace to society when behind the wheel

Back