Banks sidewinder kit for Jeep 4.0

Its a Gale Banks turbocharger and with all the research and testing to get the most efficient combination, there is no way the specs are readily available.
Since it only has to make boost to 4500 rpm on a 4.0 liter engine, the compressor inducer is likely to be no more than 50mm.
The work is in in making the compressor highly efficient at a 1.4 pressure ratio (6 psi boost) which most turbochargers are not.
Generally a higher compressor A/R is required along with considerations on compressor trim and blade count and contour.

The turbine side is set-up for very quick boost response at low rpm which normally requires a small turbine housing A/R with twin scroll housing for wide power band response.

You can always try calling them for info. I could be wrong about their willingness to share.
or you could simply buy one of the turbochargers for the Jeep kit.

Ok well that makes sense... so what your paying for is their research. That makes the intercooled kit at $3,800 sound a little more reasonable.

I have not been able to find a turbo sold by it self. I would think it would be too small for a 300, but I guess I won’t know until I measure one or find out the specs

Wesman07":2m9qry64 said:
I have not been able to find a turbo sold by it self. I would think it would be too small for a 300, but I guess I won’t know until I measure one or find out the specs
If it is a 49-50mm turbocharger, it will work on a 300 for lots of boost from 1500 rpm to 3600 rpm which would good on a stock 300.
If you push the 300 engine rpm past 3600 it will push the limits of the turbo.

Well that’s sounds like a perfect size to compliment the 300. Do you recommend one in that size?

Back